Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Proper Darts

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Starts at the true home of darts👌, the Lakeside in Saturday.

On C4 now with all the afternoon sessions and the final. Can't wait.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I look forward to watching a 29 dart leg!,

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
How many times will we hear the immortal phrase "<insert player name here> you require two"?

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
The race to double 1 :D

I know it's a poor relation to the PDC at the best of times but the standard shown over the last couple of weeks by MvG, RvB, Chisnall and Anderson amongst others at the Worlds is going to highlight the gulf in class even further I'd say.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
The race to double 1 :D

I know it's a poor relation to the PDC at the best of times but the standard shown over the last couple of weeks by MvG, RvB, Chisnall and Anderson amongst others at the Worlds is going to highlight the gulf in class even further I'd say.

Martin Adams you require 40

No score

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
To be fair, after the absolute MORONIC fans at the PDC, I'm quite looking forward to this, even though the quality of most games will be sh1t

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Like snooker, I enjoy the scrappy tactical frames rather than a player clearing up in one go. This standard of darts I can relate too, rather than the machine A1 darts of MVG, Anderson, Taylor ect

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
As it's just down the road from me I've been for a session the last few years. Each year it has felt a little lighter, a little sadder, a little emptier. While it has that nostalgic pull for those of us growing up in the late 70s/early 80s, there is no hiding the fact that it is past its sell by date now (as is the venue, which is a tatty as a Sheppey ditch).

Not going this year. Will say hang the expense and the palaver of getting back from the Ally Pally and do it properly next year.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Love at lakeside!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Never forget where a lot of the PDC players started out. Yes, the standard is lower....we know that. Its like comparing the PL to Div 2, there is a difference. But without the framework at grass roots level, the likes of MVG and Anderson ( who struggled at the BDO tournament ) wouldn't have progressed to where they are now. Jamie Vardy attracted attention by scoring regularly at Fleetwood.
The interest at the Lakeside is,for me, centred more around what new talent is there and who can progress up the game, rather than can Martin Adams win another title or Darryl Fitton or Tony O'Shea get past Round One or will Bobby George's summaries extend beyond....." he beat him up "

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Never forget where a lot of the PDC players started out. Yes, the standard is lower....we know that. Its like comparing the PL to Div 2, there is a difference.

Very true, but then the Division Two winners don't parade around calling themselves Premier League champions for the next year in the same way as the winner of this will call himself World Champion as if he's on a par with MvG.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Very true, but then the Division Two winners don't parade around calling themselves Premier League champions for the next year in the same way as the winner of this will call himself World Champion as if he's on a par with MvG.

What, like when Sky announce RvB as the '5 times champion of the World' when he won one of them with the PDC :ffsparr:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Doesn't the BDO champion 'win' a PDC tour card as a result of winning? Says it all really if so - it's just a glorified tour school.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here