Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you do your food shop in your pyjamas?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Big furore down here as Tesco Axminster has proposed banning customers coming in to shop in pyjamas after a huge increase over the past 12 months. As many as 20% midweek shoppers are said to be turning up to shop in PJ's.

Do you know of anyone who shops in pyjamas?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Big furore down here as Tesco Axminster has proposed banning customers coming in to shop in pyjamas after a huge increase over the past 12 months. As many as 20% midweek shoppers are said to be turning up to shop in PJ's.

Have seen chavie mums in pyjamas dropping off their kids at a nearby school :moo:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Kerry Katona

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Have seen chavie mums in pyjamas dropping off their kids at a nearby school :moo:

I can recall several RTCs I've attended where the casualty requiring to be cut from their vehicle is a mum in pyjamas and disney slippers driving home from the school run.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
NO NO and NO
Saw a mother and daughter in PJs in Sainsburys on Xmas Eve very strange behaviour

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If I had pj's, the answer would be "yes"; as it is, I do my food shop in my dressing gown - copying Arthur Dent.

Mind you, all* my food shopping is done online.

* 95%+, anyway.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
If I had pj's, the answer would be "yes"; as it is, I do my food shop in my dressing gown - copying Arthur Dent.

But would you go to the pub in your pj's?

(If you had some.)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't own pyjamas but made me think. Living right in the centre of things I have a Waitrose 3 minute walk away, Sainsbury's less than 10.

Nothing for me to go the local station and charge up Oyster very late at night to avoid the morning rush since that's nearer than Sainsbury.

Point being it's not exactly an event to go to the supermarket and I don't care what I wear. I've even been in there spattered in paint when I've been decorating.

As it happens I walked round to Waitrose tonight just to get a pint of milk at 9:50.

The strangest one I had up here was a few years ago now in a heat wave. Reminded me of Spain when everyone sits down for a meal at eleven in the evening.

I couldn't sleep so wandered over to a local pub that I noticed had been given a late licence. I sat in the beer garden in the heat with a number of other people quietly reading the Sunday papers over a pint at 3am Saturday night / Sunday morning.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Having returned to the UK a couple of months ago, I have been delivering fast food in the evenings to earn some money. It is a never ending source of amusement and shock as to what some people will wear to answer the door. Some young ladies answer wearing nothing but a t shirt or nightie which just about cover the essentials, men wearing just their underpants, men in onesies, women in just their underwear, people wearing just a towel. Perhaps slobbing around at home wearing not much is the in thing nowadays, so I suppose we must be thankful that some at least put their Pj's on when going to the shops.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've done it in my BHA joggers before

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here