Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading Spending!!

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Reading have had a bid of £3.75m – plus add-on's – accepted by Liverpool for the 23-year-old Portugal U23 centre-back Tiago Ilori.

The decision to leave for the Championship club is now down to the player.

Reading could go big in this window with the chance of new Chinese owner taking control of the club soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no idea who he is but that's not going to stop me calling him a poor man's Shane Duffy.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Although we didn't necessarily 'go big' last January, we bought in a couple of extra players after being in a similar position to what Reading are in right now. It almost took us up!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Looks like their board is going for it,strengthening from a position of strength.
I suppose their board isn't all fart and no shit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. They're a bunch of Thai asset strippers who know that when they sell, they will make their money back tenfold from the property deal. :facepalm:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Looks like their board is going for it,strengthening from a position of strength.
I suppose their board isn't all fart and no shit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe because they're doing far better than expected and the premier league gravy train is in sight ?
Pretty sure from some reading mates that spending money was the last thing on the mind of the current owners....change of plan obviously.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although we didn't necessarily 'go big' last January, we bought in a couple of extra players after being in a similar position to what Reading are in right now. It almost took us up!

Reading ARE a threat, that is clear now. They are not going away and if they are going to strengthen in January they are likely to be strengthening their threat to us and Newcastle.

Anyone suggesting this is a bad thing for Reading is clueless

We strengthened well last year who's to say Reading won't this year

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reading ARE a threat, that is clear now. They are not going away
Well they might go away, but as things stand they are obviously a threat. From reading their match reports I'm sure luck is a large part of why they're third, despite a goal difference of 4, but there they are.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Reading ARE a threat, that is clear now. They are not going away and if they are going to strengthen in January they are likely to be strengthening their threat to us and Newcastle.

Anyone suggesting this is a bad thing for Reading is clueless

We strengthened well last year who's to say Reading won't this year

Spot on - they are a threat and are doing exactly what we did last year. It makes it even more important that we beat them at The Amex.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well they might go away, but as things stand they are obviously a threat. From reading their match reports I'm sure luck is a large part of why they're third, despite a goal difference of 4, but there they are.

I hesitate to say it but we have been less than convincing recently, so people in glass houses.....as the old cliche goes.

D

Deleted member 2719

It's no good, us fans are going to have a whip around to compete.......How about calling it the alive and kicking appeal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hesitate to say it but we have been less than convincing recently, so people in glass houses.....as the old cliche goes.
I disagree completely. We've had a couple of close games, but generally when we've won we've been the best side. Not the case with Reading.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's even more important that we don't lose to them.

If we want to go up automatically we need to finally put the top teams to the sword this season. It's something we haven't been very good at in our recent promotion pushing seasons. But if we can maintain an 8 pt gap and then beat them at The Amex they would find it extremely difficult to recover an 11 pt diffference.

Yoda

English & European
I disagree completely. We've had a couple of close games, but generally when we've won we've been the best side. Not the case with Reading.

Excatly, and you only have to look at the Experimental 3-6-1 site's "E Ratings" to see that.

Based on goals and "good goal scoring opportunities" we have the 4th best attack and the best defence. With expected goals per game of 1.48 & 0.85
Reading on the other hand have the 18th best attack and 21st best defence. Expected goals per game 1.25 for & 1.42 against.

https://experimental361.com/2017/01/02/e-ratings-update-championship-2-jan-2017/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here