Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ministry For Silly Walks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"With temperatures forecast to plummet in Germany over the next few days, trauma surgeons in the country are telling residents how to avoid slipping on icy pavements: walk like a penguin. Advice on the website of the German Society of Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery advocates leaning the torso forward so that one’s centre of gravity is on the front leg, like the birds."

Handy sage winter advice? Personally I think I'll stick to the classic goose-step.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/04/penguin-walk-german-doctors-advice-slipping-icy-paths

Attachments

• IMG_0234.PNG
    IMG_0234.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 351

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't doing a Crab be even safer than a Penguin? Slower, yes, but safer.....

Hmmm. Okay if you want to walk east or west I guess. North and south will be tricky.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
"With temperatures forecast to plummet in Germany over the next few days, trauma surgeons in the country are telling residents how to avoid slipping on icy pavements: walk like a penguin. Advice on the website of the German Society of Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery advocates leaning the torso forward so that one’s centre of gravity is on the front leg, like the birds."

Handy sage winter advice? Personally I think I'll stick to the classic goose-step.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/04/penguin-walk-german-doctors-advice-slipping-icy-paths

European directives on how to walk. F**k me, are we that stupid? A far better way to walk safely on ice/snow is to get some big old wooly socks and put them on over your shoes. A technique used by native american indians, gives you excellent grip. Think about when you were a kid making snowballs with wooly mittens on and how the snow sticks to them like velcro? The same principle for snow socks for your car tyres. :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wish I'd had some of these bad boys when I lived in Hildesheim.The roads get sorted in double quick time,but all the snow cleared ended up on the footpaths!badboys.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here