Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nominations for Championship Manager and Player of the month

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Unsurprising list. I'd love Stocko to get the player of the month, but Monk is welcome to the managerial award.

[tweet]816895108914302976[/tweet]

[tweet]816894965125185536[/tweet]

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The longer our manager and players steer clear of these pesky awards (aka the kiss of death) the better IMHO.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Nothing to see, move along. Being top off the league with the best defensive record is enough, don't need the curse of these awards causing any upset.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Unfortunately Hughton is probably a shoo-in for manager of the month given that we beat Leeds. Fulham did have some good results with what looks like a tougher fixture list but we won the most games...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Unfortunately Hughton is probably a shoo-in for manager of the month given that we beat Leeds. Fulham did have some good results with what looks like a tougher fixture list but we won the most games...

Agreed. As much as I would hate Hughton to win it due to the curse, it would be ridiculous for the manager of the team top of the table at this stage not to have won a manager of the month award in the first five months.

Not too worried about Stockdale. You never hear talk of the player of the month curse so hopefully he wins it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Agreed. As much as I would hate Hughton to win it due to the curse, it would be ridiculous for the manager of the team top of the table at this stage not to have won a manager of the month award in the first five months.

Not too worried about Stockdale. You never hear talk of the player of the month curse so hopefully he wins it.

The last time Chris won this (along with LuaLua) we still had good results following the award.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
CH the only manager photographed accepting his award with his whole team of coaches. Managers from other divisions taking all the credit. Another small sign of just how classy this man and the operation he has built are.

D

Deleted member 2719

There is NO curse, it's like not saluting a Magpie, you don't die the next day. Honest.

There is no charge for this information.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's a shame that keepers rarely win awards. We have the best defence in the league, but Stockdale misses out.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There is NO curse, it's like not saluting a Magpie, you don't die the next day. Honest.

There is no charge for this information.

I realise that but it is funny how many teams on good form lose the next game after their manager wins the award.

On a serious note, fully deserved for Chris Hughton. Another great month and we've already started this one well too!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I guess Chris is too classy to send Colin Calderwood the picture of him holding the award and standing with Paul Trollope . I don't think I would be.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I guess Chris is too classy to send Colin Calderwood the picture of him holding the award and standing with Paul Trollope . I don't think I would be.

It's a good point. Villa have got significantly less points than us since Calderwood left us and went there. Great that Paul Trollope has come in and we've not noticed any issues.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here