Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off Topic - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Vitamin Injections

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hello,

Bit of an oddball question here but I'm running out of ideas. I suffer from CFS and find the NHS ill equipped to help unless you have a broken bone or nasty illness.

Does anyone receive vitamin shots for energy/wellness? I've heard things about the Myers Cocktail and IV drips etc, and wondered if anyone could recommend/give any advice for a local (Brighton area) doctor or practice who offer such services?

From browsing Google it seems everywhere is in London and I simply don't have the £400 they want up front for ONE shot and a consultation.

Any personal recommendations are very welcome

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
My wife has CFS, I will ask her tonight about any things that might help. I do know that she takes a load of vitamins, but I'll get specifics for you for anything else if I can.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My wife has CFS, I will ask her tonight about any things that might help. I do know that she takes a load of vitamins, but I'll get specifics for you for anything else if I can.

Thank you

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have you had all the blood tests etc done at your GP's? Has it definitely been diagnosed as CFS? There are several causes of CFS such as thyroid problems, auto immune diseases, fibromyalgia etc.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hello,

Bit of an oddball question here but I'm running out of ideas. I suffer from CFS and find the NHS ill equipped to help unless you have a broken bone or nasty illness.

Does anyone receive vitamin shots for energy/wellness? I've heard things about the Myers Cocktail and IV drips etc, and wondered if anyone could recommend/give any advice for a local (Brighton area) doctor or practice who offer such services?

From browsing Google it seems everywhere is in London and I simply don't have the £400 they want up front for ONE shot and a consultation.

My wife's yoga teacher has it. GP has not been helpful and suggests she goes on an energy management course. Being a yoga teacher she probably knows more about energy management than she could learn on that course. So I understand how you must feel about lack of help.

As said you should have had a number of blood tests. If not my suggestion is to visit the GP and instead of manning up, which we all do, go the opposite way and exaggerate and lie about the tiredness and weakness to ensure you get the tests.

Good luck.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Update: I have an underactive thyroid and have been prescribed thyroxin...

D'oh

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

D'oh

How long have you been on it? It can take up to twelve months to regulate the dosage. I started off on 25mg, and now take 100mg. My CFS is due to an auto immune disease, of which the hypothyroidism is just one symptom.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hear Samir Nasri recommends DripDoctor

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

D'oh

The other thing to remember with thyroxin, is to take it first thing in the morning. Then don't eat anything for 30 minutes to an hour, otherwise it doesn't work.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
My other half has a Vitamin B12 injection every 3 months to address fatigue. Towards the end of the 3 month cycle she really struggles. I know someone else who is going through tests for similar at the moment. Not sure if this is the same as CFS but it certainly seems to work for my partner (for 2 months at least!)

All the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hello,

I love your honesty and well done for saying it. I have suffered from some form of chronic fatigue syndrome all my life and done nothing about it. I may just read this thread and see where it takes me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here