Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just about sums it up,oh dear 6 games in 17 days.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In fairness, playing on the 16th, 20th, 23rd, 26th, 30th and the 1st IS cuffing mental.

Obviously some of those will get shifted around for TV, but cramming that number of games into a little over a fortnight is a ridiculous schedule.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Anyone know when the 2017/8 season is due to start? I'm off to the Athletics on 12th August and have a horrible feeling that will be the first weekend of fixtures.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In fairness, playing on the 16th, 20th, 23rd, 26th, 30th and the 1st IS cuffing mental.

Obviously some of those will get shifted around for TV, but cramming that number of games into a little over a fortnight is a ridiculous schedule.

6 of 38 games. Basically a SIXTH of the entire season crammed into two weeks. Odd

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Has this got anything to do with the fact some European leagues shut down over this period so less live games to broadcast and the money men thought "you know what those English are mental and love money let them suffer for our enjoyment"

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We are going to need a bigger squad and more sets of first team kit.@ wash day hell.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I love the idea of a game every three days, it can be far too long waiting Saturday to Saturday (no midweek games pending).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Meh, just wait until the shenanigans required to crowbar in the Qatar World Cup, that will make for some difficult scheduling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know what's giving me more cause for concern:-

Brighton fans assuming this affects the Albion.
Or
Big Sam's assumption this has anything to do with palace.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There should be no real issue with that other than the 30/12 and 1/1 fixtures particularly because, like this year, some games will be moved for TV giving some sides a longer recovery period.

Also, many players will then get a couple of weeks off as the FA Cup follows and nearly every club has an excuse for wholesale changes now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Has this got anything to do with the fact some European leagues shut down over this period so less live games to broadcast and the money men thought "you know what those English are mental and love money let them suffer for our enjoyment"

its because the leagues have agreed to end season earlier to allow England a bit more preparation time. and its a draft, i dont believe anyone will really expect teams to play 30th then 1st, two days later, especially if they had 4 games already in two weeks.

Meh, just wait until the shenanigans required to crowbar in the Qatar World Cup, that will make for some difficult scheduling.
and this with bells on.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I don't know what's giving me more cause for concern:-

Brighton fans assuming this affects the Albion.
Or
Big Sam's assumption this has anything to do with palace.

Do you think the Football League will have a different calendar to the Premier league? I would guess this is pretty much going to be the situation for everyone next year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also, many players will then get a couple of weeks off as the FA Cup follows and nearly every club has an excuse for wholesale changes now.
As United play City in an exhibition match, in Beijing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here