Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six months on

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In three days time, it will be exactly six months on since Gaston Ramirez's career was ended by that dreadful challenge by Dale Stephens. Thankfully, The Complete And Utter Shyster sent him off and our promotion dreams were ruined. *slow handclap*

So what do you think about Burnley and Middlesbrough now? Any animosity towards either club?

Reading on Twitter, there is still a bit of needle between their fans. Personally, I find myself quite admiring Burnley even if Joey the tosspot is back with them and I like the ginger dalek, who clearly doesn't have any time for Middlesbrough - I think he's still bitter about the cup semi final when he played for Chesterfield.

I can't say the same about Middlesbrough though. Still a bit annoyed at their graceless bellendery up at the Riverside and the smug pricks piling in on here shortly afterwards. I hope we pass them on the way up along with the Nigels, and after catching a bit of their game against Leicester last weekend, I'm delighted to say I wouldn't rule it out.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In three days time, it will be exactly six months on since Gaston Ramirez's career was ended by that dreadful challenge by Dale Stephens. Thankfully, The Complete And Utter Shyster sent him off and our promotion dreams were ruined. *slow handclap*

So what do you think about Burnley and Middlesbrough now? Any animosity towards either club?

Reading on Twitter, there is still a bit of needle between their fans. Personally, I find myself quite admiring Burnley even if Joey the tosspot is back with them and I like the ginger dalek, who clearly doesn't have any time for Middlesbrough - I think he's still bitter about the cup semi final when he played for Chesterfield.

I can't say the same about Middlesbrough though. Still a bit annoyed at their graceless bellendery up at the Riverside and the smug pricks piling in on here shortly afterwards. I hope we pass them on the way up along with the Nigels, and after catching a bit of their game against Leicester last weekend, I'm delighted to say I wouldn't rule it out.

I'd agree with all you've typed.....except it will be eight months....see massive c**k up :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am over both clubs pipping us but STILL pissed off by the red card. I really do need to get over it but Dean keeps reminding me by continuing to be a **** of a ref.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No problem with Burnley apart from Dyche being a bit of a **** and their piss take persuit of Stephens for peanuts. Boro, well I think they have a few bell-end fans too many (more than the average) who can't seem to accept that the Stephen's decision was an all round joke - especially given Dean's decision was clearly changed by the injury & their player swiping a card out his hand in an aggressive manner...

Little rivalries like this come and go. I remember the hatred for Saints the year Gus' squad smashed their team of superstars. It was more because of Adkins. Now I just dislike him and feel no problem with Southampton.

On this note, I'd like us to try stay clear of any sort of one season silly rivalry with Newcastle. The gap to 3rd is all that matters at the moment.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've forgotten about them both.

Funny though - this season would have been nothing like as much fun if we'd have gone up. So, am I glad that we didn't? ???

You know, I think I am.

(Therefore).

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Got pretty annoyed with both Burnley (in particular Dyche/the club in general) and Middlesbrough (fans) before and after the climax of the season so would like nothing more than to see us switch places, ideally with Burnley. I'm not bitter, Massive are an alright club and Hull the same and they went further than us in the end!

I really don't like Burnley as a club after the way they behaved with the Stephens affair although their fans were not as bad as Boro's.

Mike Dean is a complete and utter ****witt though.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Can say that I am honestly not fussed

I got over it quite soon after as I can't change it and I moan about so much already in life that I haven't got space to add that to it.

For some reason last season it just felt inevitable to me, I couldn't see us doing it. I loved the journey but wasn't surprised when we didn't make it

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I am still with our CEO who said the drive back from boro was miserable or words to that affect. The boron fans after the match were appalling and as for Mr Dean.... well others are finding him out now. Burnley are not much better but just shade it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think we're this seasons Burnley. A never say die attitude and the ability to salvage a win from the jaws of defeat. I think we can learn a lot from the likes of them and Bournemouth if we do go up. Build on the style that got us there and sign hungry players on the way up rather than footballing mercenaries.

No major opinion of boro. Find them very bland

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Bit of a disgruntlement with Boro still but a lot with Dean. Was, still is and always will be first and foremeost a kn@bhead and a secondly a sh!te ref. But these 2 are interchangeable depending on the game.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

I've just Googled him and am PISSING myself laughing at the place he was born , FRAY BENTOS In Uruguay :lolol: I didn't realise there was such a place , does that make me a child ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Still pretty much despise both of them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've forgotten about them both.

Funny though - this season would have been nothing like as much fun if we'd have gone up. So, am I glad that we didn't? ???

You know, I think I am.

(Therefore).

Kind of this for me. Was a bit heartbreaking walking out of the Riverside (past a few gobby twats), and knew then the playoffs would be no good as we were utterly spent. This season has been so good due in large part as a result of us not going up last season - stronger squad, more determination, much more resilience, not prepared to be happy with a 'decent away point' and the squad being more bonded than ever.

If we make it, we'll be much better prepared for it than we would have been this season, so more chance of success.

Yeah, I'm over it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I honestly dont think about it. We bottled it. No one elses fault. Fans of other clubs have the right to enjoy themselves at our expense. I am sure we will rub fans up the wrong way if we go up.

Enjoying this season too much to even think about the past. The last two seasons have been the best since ive supported the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everything happens for a reason.

I'm absolutely loving the juggernaut that has become this season.
If the second half holds it's own when compared to the first half, come May I think we'll be saying it's the greatest season in club history.

We'd have been robbed of that, if all things were even.

Had the team got promoted last year it would have done so without taking that much confidence, attitude, swagger etc with them.

As it stands right now, us supporters are on the cusp of watching greatness, made all the more special by events like those of the last 48 hours.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, I still feel cheated, and won't be getting over it in the next 6 months unless we're promoted.

It doesn't help that my daughter's teach is a 'brough fan, and had shit football pictures as his screen saver and told the kids in the class that the sending off was correct. ****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here