Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruben loftus-Cheek on loan?

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
Just seen the London evening standard has reported we may be getting Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan

Not a position we are short in but surely too good to turn down!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just seen the London evening standard has reported we may be getting Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan

Depends on his attitude really (if it's true).

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Am told by a Chelsea supporting friend that Conte has played him as a striker this season, albeit only in a couple of cup games. If he can work there he could be useful as a flexible option who can work multiple roles.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Would be surprised if Chelsea let him come to us just to warm bench, and surely too risky to be starting?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Need proven players,not somebody else's cast-offs.No thanks.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With a name like that should go to QPR

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
looks a real player whenever Iv seen him play on the box. Great feet for a big fella

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Would be surprised if Chelsea let him come to us just to warm bench, and surely too risky to be starting?

Similar to my thought, he can't be expected to get game time week in, week out. I can't see this happening because I'm not even sure what position we'd be wanting him to play in, if not dictated by Chelsea.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I reckon he'd be used as competition to Baldock, similar to how Pritchard was probably intended to be used.

As someone said above, he's been used as a forward at Chelsea and has been moved from CM to CAM on FIFA. We aren't in desperate need of any other CMs with the three we have an Kayal coming back soon, although he'd be useful there is we did get injuries or suspensions.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Will surely only come if guaranteed to start - and surely that wouldn't be great for team morale?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Will surely only come if guaranteed to start - and surely that wouldn't be great for team morale?

Barber has been asked that question and has made 100% clear that we have never agreed to a loan deal with any guarantee of selection. The only pressure to play the loanee is financial. He explained that such deals (Prem starlet to smaller club) are structured such that if you do play them the parent club will cover (some of) the wages, as they are pleased they are getting the games. If you don't play them you end up paying more or all of their (ridiculous) wages.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
do we really need him

its a NO from me

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I take it everyone who is saying no has never seen him play? Would be a great loan signing, watched him play for England Under 21's and he's got a decent shot and a great pass, not slow either considering his size

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
"I like him a lot in the position of striker," said Conte after that display. "In this system, with two midfielders, Ruben can play close to the other forward but become a forward when we have the ball."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here