Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ritchie Towell what do we think of him?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pretty much the only sensible answer (unless you watch a lot of development squad games) is that we don't know.

Chris Hughton does though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very likely to play v MK Dons so we can tell you after that.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Seems to absorb the pressure in midfield with aplomb.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Seen enough of him to say very much worth keeping , loves getting forward strong in the tackle and can pick a pass , we have such a wealth of talent in that position he will just have to wait for his chance at the mo .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Feel very sorry for the guy to be honest, with the team playing so well, and the likes of Stephens, Sidwell, Norwood, and Kayal all in front of him, it can't be easy to maintain his form and positivity.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seen enough of him to say very much worth keeping , loves getting forward strong in the tackle and can pick a pass , we have such a wealth of talent in that position he will just have to wait for his chance at the mo .

I agree. When I've seen him play, he looks quite good.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The way I look at it is if he was in the starting line up I wouldn't be panicking. I'd expect him to be decent but unsure at this stage if he could be more than decent.

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
Got chatting to an Irish fella on holiday who rated him when he won Irish player of the year. (not sure what the standard is like over there)

Get the feeling that with enough games to get used to the pace of the Championship he would be a tidy little player.

Cant see him forcing his way ahead of Stephens, Norwood, Sidwell and Kayal anytime soon unfortunately.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has he played a lot in dev. squad games though? I may be wrong, but I don't remember seeing his name on the team sheet very often.

He has scored three goals in the five appearances he has made for the development squad this season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lovely hair

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Should we fail to land cover for Baldock this month, is Towell attacking enough (and good enough!) to do a job if - heaven forbid - Sam gets injured or suspended?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here