Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaming - 2017

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Have you played Cyberpunk already? What is your impression of the game. There are so many bad reviews about Cyberpunk that I decided to postpone purchasing it.
Cyberpunk is a disappointment and virtually unplayable on console. However i play on PC and while it feels empty, its still playable and i have enjoyed it so far

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ghost of Tsushima is waiting for me on Friday.....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you played Cyberpunk already? What is your impression of the game. There are so many bad reviews about Cyberpunk that I decided to postpone purchasing it.

Listen to this week's Wolf and the Owl podcast.

Tom Davis has bought CyberPunk and is less than impressed.
Romesh Ranganathan absolutely rips him to shreds.

It's tres tres funny.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I assume everyone is getting one of these bad boys. Combining high end gaming and chicken grease, what more could you want.

[tweet]1341431562999631879[/tweet]

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
If you think Cyberpunk is unplayable, you obviously didnt play watchdog legion when it came out. Literally couldn't play more than a couple of minutes before it crashed. Cyberpunk has bugs which are annoying but not unplayable. I think though there has to be some consideration that the pandemic has affected the ability of the biggest companies to promote details. The fact they get resolved with patches within a few days to me says we just need to be patient and consider the current climate.

In terms of gameplay, I think cyberpunk is decent. Its not the best game I've ever played but its solid. I read an unbelievably shit review in the guardian that accused it of being unoriginal, and that a misogynist dystopia was boring. But what do you expect? Its dystopian, its supposed to be horrible and grimey. If it was the happy lovely computer future people wouldnt want to augment themselves to escape the horrible reality of their lives, in other words it wouldnt be cyberpunk.

It's not best game I've ever played, but its enjoyable. Very happy to waste some hours playing it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I decided not to pick it up in the end. My creaky old PS4 would struggle enormously with it and, having seen the unmitigated clusterf**k it's become I feel pretty good about it.

I'm going to treat myself to a beefy gaming PC next year and will get the inevitable Definitive Edition whenever that comes out.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Can’t get enough of farm sim 19
Can’t beat driving a tractor up and down the field very therapeutic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

American Truck Simulator is hands down the best £5 I spent this year. Picked it up in a Steam sale and at a time when we couldn't go outside it was brilliant to go explore the virtual American wilderness in a massive truck.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've been playing cyberpunk on PS5 and I have mixed feelings about it. At first it was totally unplayable, constant crashing, bugs and glitches all over the place. But since the recent update it has been so much better. There are times when you know it's going to crash, like driving too fast in a car or running through a busy market, the game simply can't keep up and just goes "nope" and closing itself. It's still far from the finished article and possibly shouldn't have been released in that state, but it's nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be. That said, I absolutely wouldn't want to see what it's like on last gen consoles.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Ghost of Tsushima is waiting for me on Friday.....

You'll absolutely love it. Game of the year by a long way and one of the best from the last generation. It's beautiful to look at, controls are excellent, brilliant story and so well balanced.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
American Truck Simulator is hands down the best £5 I spent this year. Picked it up in a Steam sale and at a time when we couldn't go outside it was brilliant to go explore the virtual American wilderness in a massive truck.

Downloaded farm sim as a free game not stopped playing in 3 months currently on Sussex farms plumpton so addictive I’m 50 ffs

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Downloaded farm sim as a free game not stopped playing in 3 months currently on Sussex farms plumpton so addictive I’m 50 ffs

I did that for the first couple of months of lockdown - something quite soothing so it was released for free at a good time. I have worked my way through the Mechanic style games and I also have a thing for the Stardew Valley type games. Playing Graveyard Keeper at the moment and just got the Harvest Moon remake from the Steam sale - not played any of those games before but looks like the kind of relaxing game I go for these days. Must be a 50 year old thing.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Cyberpunk is great. CD project red (the devs) who also created the witcher series of games (best rpg series ever made) are a great, dedicated team who care alot about their game and will bug fix and patch the performance issues until it's better.

Give it time. Agreed, the launch was a flop, the game isnt.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Cyberpunk on my Series X plays absolutely fine, no issues at all. Don’t write it off on new generation console, just write it off current gen.

Franky Small

Nov 29, 2020
UK
If you think Cyberpunk is unplayable, you obviously didnt play watchdog legion when it came out. Literally couldn't play more than a couple of minutes before it crashed. Cyberpunk has bugs which are annoying but not unplayable. I think though there has to be some consideration that the pandemic has affected the ability of the biggest companies to promote details. The fact they get resolved with patches within a few days to me says we just need to be patient and consider the current climate.

In terms of gameplay, I think cyberpunk is decent. Its not the best game I've ever played but its solid. I read an unbelievably shit review in the guardian that accused it of being unoriginal, and that a misogynist dystopia was boring. But what do you expect? Its dystopian, its supposed to be horrible and grimey. If it was the happy lovely computer future people wouldnt want to augment themselves to escape the horrible reality of their lives, in other words it wouldnt be cyberpunk.

It's not best game I've ever played, but its enjoyable. Very happy to waste some hours playing it.

I hope that after they release a number of patches it will become somewhat playable. It has so much ado about it that I badly need to play it :annoyed:
What is the best game you have ever played?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I hope that after they release a number of patches it will become somewhat playable. It has so much ado about it that I badly need to play it :annoyed:
What is the best game you have ever played?

I think Cyberpunk is at a playable level now. There are a few glitches still but I think its ok. I do understand the frustration as it was so long in the making, and anticpation was high. I think if you go in with a bit patience and accept that it won't be perfect, you'd probably be surprised at how good it is. There's a lot of doom and gloom in the media, that in my opinion make it sound a lot worse than it is in reality.

For me, my favourite game of all time is Skyrim. I just think it was genre defining and pushed the boundaries completely. The fact is it will be 10 years old this year, and I still think there are very few games that come close to it. Anyone making an open world game today, should sit down and study Skyrim as a foundation for their game.

One of the things that I absolutely love about it is the openess to the game. There are lots of openworld games that still make you have to follow a story from points a to b to c etc. Skyrim lets you choose what story you do, when to take up story missions, if at all. You don't even have to complete the main story if you dont want to, you can go off and create your own adventure. I genuinely don't think there are many games that offer that.

Following on from that I think Fallout 4 is also pretty amazing. From a technical point of view, its probably better than Skyrim, in terms of graphics and little touches like the main character being able to speak. They basically took the gameplay from Skyrim and polished it. It's a perfect example of what I said earlier about game developers using Skyrim as a foundation for a game. I could play Fallout 4 and Skyrim all day every day. I think I perfer Skyrim though, just because it really did push the boat out when it came out. It was such a big leap, and set the standard for other games, its such a brilliant achievement and the fact its still amazing and beats a lot of modern day rivals is testament to a wonderfully crafted game.

How about you? What are your favourite games?

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Bought Squad last year during lockdown - I'm a military geek and interested in games that centre around team work so this appealed to me.

It's one of those games where not a lot happens 95% of the time, but it's the 5% of the time that keeps you absolutely hooked to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here