Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pat Bamford

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Reports suggesting Aston Villa are ready to end Pat Bamfords Burnley hell by taking him on loan from Chelsea for the rest of the season for a £2.5m fee if the player will agree to drop down to the Championship.

Just the sort of player who can help us get over the line if one of our key strikers gets injured, hope we're looking too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would be comfortable with having Bamford on loan. Decent player there if he sorts his head out.

Would not feel that £2.5m (or any significant fee really) should be paid though. Only a proven player should ever be paid for, not a youngster who we are helping to develop.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
No. He's disruptive, and we have a great squad that are well up for the challenge. He's another Jamie O'Hara in my book, in it just for the ££££

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would be comfortable with having Bamford on loan. Decent player there if he sorts his head out.

Would not feel that £2.5m (or any significant fee really) should be paid though. Only a proven player should ever be paid for, not a youngster who we are helping to develop.

Well put. Agree entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Professional bench warmer on stupid wages from Chelsea, had more loans than WONGA and never done a thing

For once I agree Enrest. One of those players who, although only 23, seems to have been around for ever. Goes from club to club without really making an impact.

I'm luke warm about a loan move, but no way should we pay any money for him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't even know he was at Burnley.

I saw Sam Vokes on MoTD2 the other night. If Bamford is behind him in the pecking order, he really must be shit.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
He wont come to us, he believes he is Premier League quality. One good season and he managed to get himself a huge ego.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Can I just add that it amuses me more than it should that Crodo always refers to him as Pat, unlike everyone else.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Can't help thinking he'll just be another one of the fêted Chelsea & Arsenal wunderkinds who bob around the Championship on loan forever then disappear into obscurity.

See also McEachran, Josh.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here