Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Relegated Whilst We Go Up OR Stay Up to Renew Hostilities?

Which scenario would you prefer

• Brighton promoted, Palace relegated

Votes: 142 76.8%
  • Brighton promoted, Palace stay up

Votes: 43 23.2%

• Total voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Yes its been done before, but I'm interested in the NOW

After last night's comical defeat to previously hapless Swansea that lot up the M23 are in serious shit. I am LOVING every minute of it almost as much as I'm loving the Albion's form under super Chrissy Hughton HOWEVER, if we were to hypothetically be promoted at the end of the season would you enjoy it more if that lot got relegated at the same time OR prefer to have them stay up so we have a chance to renew our rivalry and show the Premier League a derby its never seen before?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Renew hostilities for me, its all about good days out and thats a couple of crackers

Besides.... there is actually more chance of Palace staying up and us not going up i suspect even now.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Wold be a shame to miss the Selhurst Park light show next year but would be fun to see Big sam take them down .

Won't happen though .

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The last thing we need in a season that we are going to be scrapping for our lives, is local derby binfesting. Send em down.

Oct 25, 2003
they'll stay up but part of me would love a season, just one season, in the league above them as it hasn't happened in my albion supporting lifetime (possibly not in my lifetime at all)

it would also be satisfying to finish above them in the top flight though- although we'd have to do well as I was under the impression that they were guaranteed a top 6 finish this season, possibly champions league?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Unbelievable. Just about to start exactly the same thread! :thumbsup:

With the dough they've got, going down will mean that they will most likely bounce up again, so lets have a season of glorious gloating in the PL as we pass them, (#KeepTheFaith), and then meet them in a couple of seasons with a much strengthened BHA squad for some classic head to heads in the PL. As much as I hate them, to show the PL what a real derby is all about would be great. :albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Albion up.

Palace down then down again next season.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
The last thing we need in a season that we are going to be scrapping for our lives, is local derby binfesting. Send em down.

Seen this conversation played out on a few threads and I don't think with our current set up that we would be scraping for our lives. Half the PL are beatable as we are, and we have held our own against clubs in this div that still have PL set ups.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Seen this conversation played out on a few threads and I don't think with our current set up that we would be scraping for our lives. Half the PL are beatable as we are, and we have held our own against clubs in this div that still have PL set ups.

Who knows. Just think we could do without the inevitable distraction of those bellends up the road.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Too much hassle if the play off arrangements are to be repeated, name on ticket, proof of ID and no doubt further restrictions such as those imposed on Millwall fans when they go to Leeds.

Far more fun in seeing then relegated and blow the parachute payments and slip further down the leagues

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
That's a really difficult one but on balance I would rather they were relegated. Then, if by some mishap we weren't promoted, we'd have the consolation prize of playing against them next season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I don't really care (which is very unusual when it comes to Palace).

If they go down then they would probably have a decent season in the Championship to enjoy next year. But there is a chance they might not which adds appeal to their relegation option.

If they stay up then it will add spice to us being in the PL - which might be very welcome after a couple of seasons in there...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
They're both good options, because they both have BRIGHTON GET PROMOTED in them. Beyond that, whatever will be will be :)

I originally thought I wanted to play Palace in the top flight, but I was really rooting for Swansea last night so I guess I hope they go down!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here