Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull AXE Phelan

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can't for a single second imagine he'd leave what he has here for that, he's far more sensible than that.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Hughton favourite for the job

Really can't understand Hull. They've given Phelan no support and expected him to work miracles. It's clear that they viewed him as a 'caretaker' until the window opened.

Hull aren't really an attractive proposition for Hughton, and I really don't think he'd take the job if offered. All his hard work is really starting to come to fruition now, and our clubs are likely to swap leagues by the end of the season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hughton favourite for the job

Phelan got lucky when he got the job. They played 3 good games at the start of the season and their stupid owners gave him the job. If they had done their homework they would have found out he had been turned down for about 50 jobs previously

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He could be tempted-Hull is the UK City of Culture 2017.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Haha favourite .... Plenty of mugs falling for this

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Did he have longer as caretaker than as official manager? If not, it was close.

Hull have been a complete mess since they won promotion. Gutting after we finished well above them that they've made a mockery of promotion. Getting rid of Bruce so short a time before the season, hardly strengthening their squad and then deciding to go with their caretaker as permanent manager. I am confident we'll do much better if we go up.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
If we don't go up this season, then I can see CH being a good target for a premiership team, however, he is a principled man who will remain with us for the remainder of the season.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Rowett being touted as the replacement, don't fancy their chances of staying up even with him in charge...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here