Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby League and Bradford Bulls.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a sad story. When I was at Bradford Uni, I used to watch Northern regularly and they pulled in decent crowds (they were better supported than Bradford City) and Odsal's a great stadium. How has it come to this?

On a personal note, the Union team I support, London Welsh, were put into liquidation last month too so I'm a bit of a Jonah right now

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think I read the last Sky deal for rugby league was worth circa £175m over 5 years to Super League here. The equivalent NRL TV deal in Australia was worth something like ten times that.

Bradford must have been living off scraps being in Rugby Leagues 2nd tier. I'm not a fan RL, but this is sad. I see they could reform and still compete this year though, albeit with a points deduction.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gutted about this, have massive family connections to the Bulls both from a supporting point of view and having relatives who played for them in the 1970s (when they were Bradford Northern). Used to travel up to watch them regularly at Oldsal and Valley Parade during their exile from Odsal in the early 2000s. Still had family that were season ticket holders despite the lack of Super League rugby.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Personally I feel for the companies that may be put out of business due to the money owed that they will never see back. The real kick in the teeth will be seeing the team under a different guise still playing in the Championship with very little in the way of a penalty.

Going into administration 3 times in 4 years shows more than bad luck, it shows a complete lack of management and ability to control costs. If it was Palace/Pompey etc we wouldn't have much sympathy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here