Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are Crawley's rivals?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Genuine question and I'm not trying to belittle anyone.

I got into a conversation at work today with someone about football and she said that Brighton was the team for people in E Sussex and Crawley the team for those in the West. I corrected her and said that Brighton has always represented both East and West and that places like Shoreham, Worthing, Horsham and LA were all huge Albion-supporting areas and even Crawley has a strong Albion support but it's also got a fairly big Palace and Chelsea fanbase too. She was surprised when I told her that Crawley doesn't ever register with Brighton fans as a local rival and I was asked who their rivals are and if they dislike Brighton or Palace.

So who are their rivals and does anyone on here consider Crawley as their rivals or as their second team? And do the Crawley fans dislike us?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No I wouldn't dislike Crawley unless we spent several seasons in the same leagues and them taking points from us.

Jan 30, 2008
Genuine question and I'm not trying to belittle anyone.

I got into a conversation at work today with someone about football and she said that Brighton was the team for people in E Sussex and Crawley the team for those in the West. I corrected her and said that Brighton has always represented both East and West and that places like Shoreham, Worthing, Horsham and LA were all huge Albion-supporting areas and even Crawley has a strong Albion support but it's also got a fairly big Palace and Chelsea fanbase too. She was surprised when I told her that Crawley doesn't ever register with Brighton fans as a local rival and I was asked who their rivals are and if they dislike Brighton or Palace.

So who are their rivals and does anyone on here consider Crawley as their rivals or as their second team? And do the Crawley fans dislike us?
well they turned out in force for us in the "SUSSEX FA CUP FINAL" at the GOLDSTONE BY ALL ACCOUNTS???
regards
DR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
well they turned out in force for us in the "SUSSEX FA CUP FINAL" at the GOLDSTONE BY ALL ACCOUNTS???
regards
DR

Yeah, I was at that game and funnily enough a bloke I was at school with was playing for Crawley that day. Big hype but it was all a bit of a damp squib on and off the pitch from what I remember.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
With most non league clubs the rivalry tends to depend on the division you're in as there will always be loads of fairly local teams to compete with.

For example, Langney Sports used to consider Hailsham to be a big rival when both were big teams in the Sussex County. As the club went through the divisions (and changed names) the big rivals were variously Hastings, Lewes and Crawley. Now you could say Whitehawk are the team they most want to beat.

I know a football fan from Crawley and he hates Crawley FC, because he's always supported Oakwood.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here