Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitness

Fitness

0 Not allowed!
    Are we fitter than last season, hence the strong finishes to games this time round

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kentgully View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are we fitter than last season, hence the strong finishes to games this time round
      I've thought for a while we're fitter than most teams in the division. We seem to finish really strongly more often than not.

1 Not allowed!
      Belief and togetherness help a lot in the closing stages of a game. And we are a very fit team.

0 Not allowed!
      I read somewhere last year that we train in a way to finish the second half of the season stronger.
      It worked very well last year until the footballing gods frowned upon us for some reason!

0 Not allowed!
      I think a lot of it is due to having learned how to get the most out of Lancing. Last season they were still seeing what the new toy could do and this season they've got it working at full power.

0 Not allowed!
      @Turkey made a good point when I was discussing this with him the other week. He said we're winning games more comfortably, and this is allowing us to take our foot of the pedal, play keep ball a bit more and save the legs. I think he's right.

There were plenty of games last season when we were really hanging on for dear life, this time around it doesn't seem to be as frantic. For example we went 1-3 up against Blackburn this allowed us to take our foot of the gas considerably. We were able to sub off Murray, Baldock and Knockaert (albeit only 5 minutes before the whistle blew in AK's case). This meant perhaps our key players had that little bit extra to give which may have played a part in our 95th minute winner against Birmingham.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
      @Turkey made a good point when I was discussing this with him the other week. He said we're winning games more comfortably, and this is allowing us to take our foot of the pedal, play keep ball a bit more and save the legs. I think he's right.

There were plenty of games last season when we were really hanging on for dear life, this time around it doesn't seem to be as frantic. For example we went 1-3 up against Blackburn this allowed us to take our foot of the gas considerably. We were able to sub off Murray, Baldock and Knockaert (albeit only 5 minutes before the whistle blew in AK's case). This meant perhaps our key players had that little bit extra to give which may have played a part in our 95th minute winner against Birmingham.
      Yep. Agree with this completely. Last year we were fighting until the end of every game. This season we've switched to autopilot with a fair bit of play left (Leeds 70 mins, QPR 65 mins, etc)
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napier's Knee View Post
      I think a lot of it is due to having learned how to get the most out of Lancing. Last season they were still seeing what the new toy could do and this season they've got it working at full power.
      Is this not our 3rd season at Lancing ?
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Yep. Agree with this completely. Last year we were fighting until the end of every game. This season we've switched to autopilot with a fair bit of play left (Leeds 70 mins, QPR 65 mins, etc)
      Bristol City 25 mins
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Bristol City 25 mins
      Well, quite. Get a lead, then 'manage' the game. Has its risks (witness the needlessly nervy end at Blackburn) but has to be a bonus in the long run. You can't just look at games in isolation - tail end of last season we were running on empty, after so many hard fought games in succession. Players pick up more injuries too, when they are tired.

The whole thing is being MANAGED beautifully, right now.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.