Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fitness

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Are we fitter than last season, hence the strong finishes to games this time round
I read somewhere last year that we train in a way to finish the second half of the season stronger.
It worked very well last year until the footballing gods frowned upon us for some reason!

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I think a lot of it is due to having learned how to get the most out of Lancing. Last season they were still seeing what the new toy could do and this season they've got it working at full power.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Are we fitter than last season, hence the strong finishes to games this time round
[MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] made a good point when I was discussing this with him the other week. He said we're winning games more comfortably, and this is allowing us to take our foot of the pedal, play keep ball a bit more and save the legs. I think he's right.

There were plenty of games last season when we were really hanging on for dear life, this time around it doesn't seem to be as frantic. For example we went 1-3 up against Blackburn this allowed us to take our foot of the gas considerably. We were able to sub off Murray, Baldock and Knockaert (albeit only 5 minutes before the whistle blew in AK's case). This meant perhaps our key players had that little bit extra to give which may have played a part in our 95th minute winner against Birmingham.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] made a good point when I was discussing this with him the other week. He said we're winning games more comfortably, and this is allowing us to take our foot of the pedal, play keep ball a bit more and save the legs. I think he's right.

There were plenty of games last season when we were really hanging on for dear life, this time around it doesn't seem to be as frantic. For example we went 1-3 up against Blackburn this allowed us to take our foot of the gas considerably. We were able to sub off Murray, Baldock and Knockaert (albeit only 5 minutes before the whistle blew in AK's case). This meant perhaps our key players had that little bit extra to give which may have played a part in our 95th minute winner against Birmingham.

Yep. Agree with this completely. Last year we were fighting until the end of every game. This season we've switched to autopilot with a fair bit of play left (Leeds 70 mins, QPR 65 mins, etc)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think a lot of it is due to having learned how to get the most out of Lancing. Last season they were still seeing what the new toy could do and this season they've got it working at full power.

Is this not our 3rd season at Lancing ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bristol City 25 mins :cool:

Well, quite. Get a lead, then 'manage' the game. Has its risks (witness the needlessly nervy end at Blackburn) but has to be a bonus in the long run. You can't just look at games in isolation - tail end of last season we were running on empty, after so many hard fought games in succession. Players pick up more injuries too, when they are tired.

The whole thing is being MANAGED beautifully, right now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, quite. Get a lead, then 'manage' the game. Has its risks (witness the needlessly nervy end at Blackburn) but has to be a bonus in the long run. You can't just look at games in isolation - tail end of last season we were running on empty, after so many hard fought games in succession. Players pick up more injuries too, when they are tired.

The whole thing is being MANAGED beautifully, right now.

...yep, and look at the injuries compared with exactly this time last year.........

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Are people forgetting the wolves game & villa (?) and the succession of corners in last minutes. We were also second best for last 10 minutes yesterday.

The team is more mature and that is what is driving the success backed up by some real massive displays from Dunk.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are people forgetting the wolves game & villa (?) and the succession of corners in last minutes. We were also second best for last 10 minutes yesterday.

The team is more mature and that is what is driving the success backed up by some real massive displays from Dunk.

Dunk is better this season because of Duffy imo. Greer left him exposed sometimes or made errors which we conceded from. Our defence is so much better than last season which is paying off. We scored enough goals last year to get promoted but conceded more than Boro or Burnley.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Dunk is better this season because of Duffy imo. Greer left him exposed sometimes or made errors which we conceded from. Our defence is so much better than last season which is paying off. We scored enough goals last year to get promoted but conceded more than Boro or Burnley.

I think you are correct , he knows he now has a very capable person behind him when he goes forward and is making the most of it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm on a diet.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here