Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-league football in Sussex.......

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Go to quite a few non-league matches locally. Really enjoy drinking a pint standing where I want watching the match. Pretty sure one match I went to I was the only spectator there not related to the players!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
.........is alive and well. Nearly 1800 attended yesterday's Worthing v Bognor and were rewarded with a cracker of a game (1-1). Good to see.

Read on twitter both sets of fans were singing chants about how much they hate Southern Rail!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
hassocks-teams.jpg

Amused to see Hassocks have Death & Slaughter as subs! Wouldn't want to be on a pitch against them!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That number 16 was running up and down the line at half time and doing his stretching, once he finished, he looked like Death warmed up !

Lots of work for the 'Vickers' in Crowborough.

Jim Broadbent - in goal he's getting on..

Yeah ol Slater got plenty of grief off the teenagers behind the goal when he played against Peacehaven a few weeks ago as he is their PE teacher at PCS!!

We had our biggest crowd for 2 years against Newhaven Boxing Day (435) a cracking atmosphere despite the defeat and yesterday despite losing 5-0 the 30 or so PTFC fans had a good sing up at Eastbourne Town and as their 40 strong "ultra" element made plenty of noise it was an unusually noisy county league match

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I see Crowborough have got 3 of Hastings United's 3rd round FA Cup side from 4 years ago and 2 of them can't get in the team.

Just what I was about to mention. Hassocks have players who have played a higher level of local non league football too. Two of them, the previously mentioned Slaughter and Death, can't make their starting line up either.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I see Crowborough have got 3 of Hastings United's 3rd round FA Cup side from 4 years ago and 2 of them can't get in the team.

Aren't Crowborough statistically the best team in England at the moment as they're unbeaten for 28 games?

Hounslow (if they still existed) probably don't like them since me and some of my other Thomas Bennet chums got the match at their place stopped when one of us threw the worlds shittiest smoke bomb on the pitch in 1983

EDIT : dimwit alert, this was meant to be on the Crawley rivals thread!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Aren't Crowborough statistically the best team in England at the moment as they're unbeaten for 28 games?

I hadn't heard that one about Crowborough. I know that Hastings United have statistically the highest goals per game average of any club in the top eight tiers of the national footballing pyramid this season - 3.1 goals per game.

http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/s...are-the-country-s-sharpest-shooters-1-7754142

The scored another 4 yesterday since that article was published!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here