Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Southern Trains Most of Next Week -but will probably still be rubbish on the other days

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Nice. Another £102 saved as I won't have to buy a weekly ticket. Thanks Southern, you're making me richer!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Oh yes, this really might start to wake people up. Gonna be interesting.......

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nice. Another £102 saved as I won't have to buy a weekly ticket. Thanks Southern, you're making me richer!

They're costing me money. I've been working from home through the strikes and that means having the heating on when normally it wouldn't be as nobody is at home.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A friend just went to renew his annual season ticket to London. 2.3% price increase while discovering there are hardly any Victoria trains until next week!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
delay repay means >£20 a day to work from home, so its not all bad. feel for those that dont have that option, a whole week of this is going to be shitty for many.

however, seeing as RMT stopped negotiating, Southern imposed new contracts and RMT told members to accept, i dont really see how this will get resolved without DOO as the outcome. Southern would have to re-employ all the OBS as guards.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
You mean that the Transport Minister for her Majesty's GOVERNMENT might actually do some GOVERNING? I'll believe it when I see it.

Seeing as the Govt gave them the contract so Southern could break the unions that is very unlikely to happen!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not much in the way of recent updates on the Army being dragooned into driving a mega-fleet of commuter replacement buses. Hopefully the Army chiefs told the cabinet exactly where to get off on that bright idea.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Normally I buy a weekly season ticket even though I only travel up two or three times a week, however obviously next week there is little point buying one due to the strikes.

HOWEVER - I have to go to London on Saturday, so presumably I can buy a season ticket for £102 or whatever they are now and then claim back £21.40 for each day of the strike, thus recouping the full cost of the ticket and essentially get free return to London on the Saturday? Is there any reason that wouldn't work?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Genuinely scared about what this means for me, I'm graduating this year and will be trying to enter the job market, if companies are going to turn me down because I live in Brighton how the hell am I going to support myself? Im fed up of Southern, RMT and the government, most especially the latter of those three for their complacency. It simply needs to stop.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Genuinely scared about what this means for me, I'm graduating this year and will be trying to enter the job market, if companies are going to turn me down because I live in Brighton how the hell am I going to support myself? Im fed up of Southern, RMT and the government, most especially the latter of those three for their complacency. It simply needs to stop.

Luckily a lot of employers now encourage remote working in London, but yes I'd suggest you are at a disadvantage. As I will likely be in 6 months time

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A friend just went to renew his annual season ticket to London. 2.3% price increase while discovering there are hardly any Victoria trains until next week!

Until next week ? There won't be ANY next week.......

I've changed my schedule and going to be travelling next week which is fine for a week but there is no end in sight to this mess.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here