Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Cairney

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I've been so impressed with him every time I've seen him, twice against us he has dominated the game. He is exactly the sort of player we need to bolster our midfield if we get to the PL.
I wonder how much Fulham would let him go for? He has to be a target for many sides, he's up there with our midfielders in quality.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree completely - if we go up he'd be amongst my top realistic signings. We'd be relying also on Fulham not going up though...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agree completely - if we go up he'd be amongst my top realistic signings. We'd be relying also on Fulham not going up though...

Or wanting to sell. See Dale Stephens...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've been so impressed with him every time I've seen him, twice against us he has dominated the game. He is exactly the sort of player we need to bolster our midfield if we get to the PL.
I wonder how much Fulham would let him go for? He has to be a target for many sides, he's up there with our midfielders in quality.

Agree as well. Quicker than Lansbury, about a quick as Beram Kayal. Quicker than Dale Stephens.

We would need the extra quickness of the mark in the PL. Best if we could sign him now.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I thought CH may go with Sidwell to man mark him yesterday. Perhaps rightly, he decided we shouldn't change our approach given our fantastic form. But it was mighty close!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Totally agree. Think he'd work well in our midfield and has always looked good when we've played them. Their midfield is their strong point though so I imagine it would take a lot to sign him even if we do go up.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thought their right back, Fredericks, was also exceptional. Potentially quality cover/replacement for Bruno.

Always rated Fredericks. Quick. Scott Malone was above the ordinary at left back in the home game.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
10 million i would think, still fairly young i believe - Worth every penny

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Was speaking to a Fulham fan on the tube after the game. He said that he suspected Fulham would need to get into the play-offs, and perhaps even promotion, in order to keep Cairney for next season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes showed how to drive the midfield role. If he came tomorrow where would he fit in.

Most aren't thinking about tomorrow, but the summer. If we're buying Cairney then, we'd be in the PL and then it's all about how we set-up in the PL. I'd imagine CH would think long and hard about whether 4-4-2 will be our formation in the PL. If not, and even if not for away games or for when we're protecting points, then a midfield three is highly likely, and I suspect that both Cairney and Norwood would be decent enough in a midfield three at PL level.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great player, I like the cut of his jib.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Good player who has the potential become even better. Definitely someone I'd like to see don the blue and white stripes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here