Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Looming 3 game suspension

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
After the impressive display at Fulham following on from some other superb performance I dread the looming 3 game suspension which could come at a pivotal stage in the season! I don't think we can ask him to take the foot off the gas as he is the sort of player who plays with his heart on his sleeve and gets stuck in.... Just needs to ensure there are no silly bookings and fingers crossed it won't get to that stage. I think he will be a big miss at Preston, as they are physical side. Thankfully Goldson is a decent replacement but I thought he lacked match fitness at Wigan away. Hopefully the MK Dons match will help.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Looming 3 game suspension? He still needs to get another 5 yellow cards... If he cuts out the petulance and stupid bookings it is doable.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What date is the next cut off? End of March? How many games is he likely to play between now and then?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
After the impressive display at Fulham following on from some other superb performance I dread the looming 3 game suspension which could come at a pivotal stage in the season! I don't think we can ask him to take the foot off the gas as he is the sort of player who plays with his heart on his sleeve and gets stuck in.... Just needs to ensure there are no silly bookings and fingers crossed it won't get to that stage. I think he will be a big miss at Preston, as they are physical side. Thankfully Goldson is a decent replacement but I thought he lacked match fitness at Wigan away. Hopefully the MK Dons match will help.

IMG_0045.JPG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What date is the next cut off? End of March? How many games is he likely to play between now and then?

12 games after Preston before the end of March ( + Cardiff rearrangement ? and FA Cup ? ).

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
I guess I am over worrying but surely this is a concern, but as already suggested may not even happen... Does anyone know the cut off date???

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

12 games after Preston before the end of March ( + Cardiff rearrangement ? and FA Cup ? ).

There isn't a cut off for 15, it is the end of the season.

5 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 30 November
10 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 2nd Sunday in March
15 End of Season

Players who receive 20 or more cautions in a season shall be required to attend a Regulatory Commission.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

No way he will make half a season without picking up 5 bookings!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here