Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you, Schteve

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Can't help feeling the lack of Chris Martin in the Fulham side yesterday was a massive plus for us. They had so many decent half chances that Martin would surely have converted. Fingers crossed he's re-integrated into the Fulham side in time for their re-arranged match at Reading....

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Definitely helped! It's nice to see it working out in our favour rather than like last season where Charlie Austin scored those two against us in between long injuries and a move to Southampton.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Martin definitely would have scored the pen then gave it the big'un. Very fortunate he wasn't in the squad.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's also nice to see Martin in the middle of this shitstorm as (along with Super Schteeve) he is a classless **** and is showing himself up to be one with flying colours.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Alsho. Shank you to Schteve for Derby losing yesterday. Hopefully you can guide your team to another January schlump. May your new signings disrupt your squad. Happy New Year.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Alsho. Shank you to Schteve for Derby losing yesterday. Hopefully you can guide your team to another January schlump. May your new signings disrupt your squad. Happy New Year.

But retain enough form to take points off some of the teams around them.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
and thanks for giving me a new hate figure to rank alongside such immortals as Billy Davies, Neil Lennon and the Physio

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I can't pinpoint it but Schteve did one of his classic EuroManager speaks English things post-match yesterday. Klopp is clearly an influence.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is totally incapable of holding his hands up after a defeat and will no doubt be causing unrest in the squad with his demand for new players and the ongoing shitstorm over Martin.

Derby county manager Steve McClaren:

"I think the referee got it wrong and we will be looking at an appeal. Butterfield's feet were not off the ground and he got a little bit of the ball. He also caught the player as well and because of that he falls down.

"I think the reaction of the player (Wes Hoolahan) and the crowd, which I can understand, played a part in it.

"That was a big turning point, for me it was all about the sending off. We were up against a very good Norwich side, who have got one of the best squads in this division, and it was always going to be very difficult for us when we went down to 10.

"It was a disappointing afternoon for us, but we were unbeaten in 10 and that run was always going to come to an end at some stage.

"What we have got to do now is dust ourselves down and go another run like that. We have got some big games coming up, West Brom in the FA Cup and Leeds in the league and we have got to make sure we are ready for those."

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He is totally incapable of holding his hands up after a defeat and will no doubt be causing unrest in the squad with his demand for new players and the ongoing shitstorm over Martin.

"The Derby Way". :flounce:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Derby county manager Steve McClaren:

"I think the referee got it wrong and we will be looking at an appeal. Butterfield's feet were not off the ground and he got a little bit of the ball. He also caught the player as well and because of that he falls down.

FFS!

Has everyone SEEN the tackle he is referring to!?

Out of control and excessive force. Cast iron red card. The force of the impact sends Hoolihan's shinpad flying about 10 yards away. What an absolute DIN.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"It was all about the sending off..." says Schteeve.

Except they were 1-0 down and Norwich had already hit the post, missed three sitters and forced Derby's keeper to make several good saves at that point.

Your right Icy Gull, he's never been one to admit that anything was his fault. Even after the England shambles he didn't resign but shredded the last tiny bit of dignity he could have salvaged by having to be sacked. What a total BELLEND.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here