Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham away

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So, reports indicate that there were about 6,000 of us there in the away stand. The neutral area covering the other three stands were choc full too. But where were the Fulham fans?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
You can see on the penalty footage, when Hemed equalises, there's a little block of them behind and just to the right of the goal from the fans' point of view, who don't celebrate. So there were some in the neutral section, for sure.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Police official estimate was 6400 Albion.
There were a few Fulham in the neutral zone that I saw but not many.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When they went one up, I noticed there was a small pocket down the front, just to the right of the goal when facing the pitch, and some to the far side by the cottage itself. I'd say I could see no more than 100, if that, in total.

I was quite close to the front though - there may have been more further back.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
We were towards the back of the neutral stand. No Fulham to be seen and only standing room in the aisles. Rammed full of Albion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll add though: What a magnificent place a full Craven Cottage is to watch a game like that, particularly on such a cold and crisp day. Proper football weather.

Fulham are playing great stuff - I hope their fans stay behind them.

dea33c6fc5843b8028ae4f29a4d274e3.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with Boz about CC, and Fulham's football, but I was being facetious with this thread. I may well have seen Fulham fans in three stands (wasn't looking for them in ours), but as they weren't to be heard, the only conclusion is that they were packed full with neutrals.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Having looked at P1-P3, I can't imagine there were 600 neutral/fulham in there. More like 200 at an absolute maximum.

Still, 6.5K is a solid turnout if that's what they want to make official. Seems like our twitter is suggesting closer to 7K though.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Fantastic turnout from our fans once again. Respect to all those who could make it. On Radio Sussex I could only hear those Fulham fans who were close to JC and WA armed with their "clappers". And Fulham will have to go like "the clappers" to get anywhere near Albion this season!:ascarf:

Agreed. WTF are those 'clapper/clacker' things all about ? Not doing themselves any favours using those, looks like a kids party or special needs day out comms device. :shrug:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Great place to watch football around Putney and Fulham, so many nice pubs and pre match places. Although CC is a nice old stadium, it is old, everything is small and inadequate, from beer stands to burger bars and toilets. It does make you realise how lucky we are with the Amex, the old stand at Fulham looks great but would you want to sit in those wooden seats?
Also what is that weird Disney style announcement about sitting down? All it did was make everyone stand up!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Agreed. WTF are those 'clapper/clacker' things all about ? Not doing themselves any favours using those, looks like a kids party or special needs day out comms device. :shrug:

What I found alarming was that they knew what to do with the clackers, almost like a routine, they all used them at the same time and were in sync.. Horrifying.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here