Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Preston will be a draw

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fact.

1. Preston always seems to be a bloody draw anyway.

2. There is a pattern developing with our results - WWWDWDWWWWDWDWWWWW

- Win 3, Draw 1, Win 1 and Draw 1.
- Win 4, Draw 1, Win 1 and Draw 1.
- Win 5...?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I hope not but fear the worst.

Preston away last season was the most boring match of football I had the displeasure of seeing, until I went to Cardiff this season. I don't mind a draw but just something other than last seasons 90 minute bore-fest.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Fact.

- Win 5...?

Add in to that our last 5 matches against PNE have all ended in draws. The 2-2 at The Amex in October preceded by 4 x 0-0

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After 3 away wins in a row, I think we can be quite content with a point in this tricky fixture.

:albion2:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not sure I buy the statistics (go back before the first group of results) but we know PNE are always well organised against us. If you had looked for 0-0s when viewing the 46 games in August, this would surely have come out as the leading contender. If we can score first, they have to open up a bit. That is the key that has been missing in last five games against them.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
After 3 away wins in a row, I think we can be quite content with a point in this tricky fixture.

:albion2:

Many would have been content with a point yesterday, and against Brum. Four points fewer and we are looking over our shoulder as Toon are at Reading. They didn't settle for a point at City.....we have to go for wins. Seven goals on last three away games, six in second half, shows the confidence that we can win games, start getting into 'a point is fine' mode leads to the draw menatiality that cost us early last season.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Fact.

- Win 5...?

Good dream sequence. Must exclude FA Cup or Preston would be a win.

DWDWWWWWWDWDWWWWWWWDWD

Gives us 108 points.
Newcastle will have to hope they have us on a Draw day and Win almost all other fixtures (maybe allowed 2 or 3 draws but can't be ars**d to work it out! it's their problem) to pip us to the Title.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Fact.

- Win 5...?

It's even more nailed on than that.

We have 22 games left...the pattern you suggest completes perfectly as follows:

....Draw 1, Win 1 and Draw 1.
- Win 6, Draw 1, Win 1 and Draw 1.
- Win 7, Draw 1, Win 1 and Draw 1.

= 54 additional points (the same as we have atm) = 108 points for the season. Promoted as Champions and beat Tinpot's record.

It's written in the stars.

Maybe.

Edit: just seen [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] has drawn the same extrapolation. Gotta be true then. Just gotta.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We can't win every game and we'll likely lose at least a couple more before the season is out. That's just the way things work out over an arduous season. I'll be happy enough with a draw at PNE but one suspects the team won't be. It's what has made them such a tough outfit this season.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
We can't win every game and we'll likely lose at least a couple more before the season is out. That's just the way things work out over an arduous season. I'll be happy enough with a draw at PNE but one suspects the team won't be. It's what has made them such a tough outfit this season.

The last couple of away games seem to suggest the team was reasonably happy with a 0-0 away draw but if anyone scores against them it really p1sses them off and they go out of their way to win in the time remaining.

Perhaps home teams looking for a point should be more careful!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
No it will be a win

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It is not as though they have a class left back and a class central defender we can sign.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here