Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot? part 2

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Part 1 was pretty interesting:
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...on-s-biggest-rival-for-second-spot&highlight=

5 weeks on, as we have a little break, what do you think now?
I'll leave the choices the same, so that it's easy to compare with the original poll (so not option for Barnsley) and with Newcastle still odds on to finish top two I'll keep them out again. So as well as Newcastle, who do you currently consider our biggest threat for a top two place this season?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Newcastle.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reading are still the annoying monkey in the wrench.

I suppose Huddersfield, Leeds, Massive and Derby are also still in the mix.

Leeds v Derby and Derby v Reading to come very soon which could narrow down the pack a little.

larus

I've still gone for Derby, the main reason being that I think Reading have been lucky with a lot of results. I also think Derby have a very good squad and have the potential to have a really good second half. 6 points behind Reading is not a huge amount

However, unless we implode I am struggling to see us not being top 2.

8 points clear of Reading with same games.
Then 8, 9, 12 and 14 points with a game in hand on the others.

Bloody hell. Writing that just seems unreal.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My crystal ball sees a small team that gets nowhere near us but would be, pedantically, our nearest rival to automatic promotion. I have excluded 2nd place Newcastle as the poll has chosen 2nd place for them.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am still sticking with Sheff Wed but @Trigaaar must draw his attention to this post asking me if I was drunk when I posted the last time

Thumbs Up!

Quote Originally Posted by NooBHA View Post

Apparently Sheff Wed were superb against Fulham by all accounts last week so I have plumped for them - But they will be chasing Newcastle for it, not Brighton. Take from that what you will

You're drunk?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Reading, good resilience as well to comeback and win from two goals down.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Got to be Reading. We should've opened up a bit more of a gap on them by now, but they keep on matching us for results.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
on current form and positions i go with Leeds they'll foul and cheat all they can to finish 3rd

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My crystal ball sees a small team that gets nowhere near us but would be, pedantically, our nearest rival to automatic promotion.
That's cool, so pick that small team, and if they finish 3rd, with the top 2 as they are, you win the internet.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I think it's looking like Reading.

(Still should be 'whom', by the way).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here