Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Left Back

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Let's hope Rosenior is fit again soon or Pocognoli gets an extended run in the side.

Bong simply isn't good enough.

We really struggled on the left hand side today, not helped with a left back that can't seem to keep the ball in play let alone find a team mate. Skalak certainly doesn't help him.

The one weak link in our squad IMO. But what a fantastic bloody result UTA.

Stumpy Tim

To be fair, he's better when he gets the chance to push forward. Skalak was awful today, especially in the first half, and so Bong was always on the back foot.

Doesn't excuse the numerous times he shanked the ball off the pitch, but generally Skalak let him down today - and his defending was actually pretty solid

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Give me strength

:shootself:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Let's hope Rosenior is fit again soon or Pocognoli gets an extended run in the side.

We really struggled on the left hand side today, not helped with a left back that can't seem to keep the ball in play let alone find a team mate. Skalak certainly doesn't help him.

This thread has no relevance without the authority of [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] to open it. All left back issues must pass his ''Quality Control''

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

We really struggled on the left hand side today, not helped with a left back that can't seem to keep the ball in play let alone find a team mate.

What absolute rubbish Bong is by far the best left back at the club,better than Pocognoli and far better at left back than Rosenior. I am told that based on todays game we should be hoping LR is fit to take over Brunos place as apparently he was the weak link in the side today but every player is entitleed to have a bad game its when it becomes regular that it becomes a problem.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bong had a poor game, but a lot of that was down to Skalak. They looked like strangers today. I'm not going to flame him for it, he's been excellent lately. And yes, Bruno was poor today, but he is also allowed a mare now and again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I heard we're getting Jloyd Samuel in Jan so nobody panic...

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Give me strength

:shootself:

I'm as delighted as anyone tonight about the result but let's be fair, Bong hasn't been up to scratch this season. You get the feeling a costly mistake is almost imminent. I'd get Poc in for a run when we can, he looks much more assured.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
3pts top of the league by two, game in hand... nuff said.
Not quite:-

Played 24
Goals conceded 15 (that's fifteen, one - five)
Unbeaten run 18

All with a left back who:-

"simply isn't good enough"

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm as delighted as anyone tonight about the result but let's be fair, Bong hasn't been up to scratch this season. You get the feeling a costly mistake is almost imminent. I'd get Poc in for a run when we can, he looks much more assured.

Thumbs down.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

When you have games like today. You need your wingers to do a job tracking back. From what I heard, neither Knocky or Skalak did nearly enough to help protect Bruno/Bong in the first half today.

Bong does often move like he's never played a game of football in his life. But he does a stellar job most weeks. You just need to look at how many we conceed to see that. He IS simply good enough. He's just often put under a lot of pressure by very good Championship teams.

Having said that I do agree that Rosenior is a better player and I think he will take back the position when fit.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Disagree. Bong IS good enough. Not one of his best games today but Skalak hardly helped and hey ho, we're top of the Championship with the best defensive record in the football league.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm thinking of starting another thread to have a go when we're top by 2pts with a game in hand, not sure who against yet? Murray? His hair is thinning, got to be a good target, Duffy? Not pretty is he? What about Stockdale, his accent sucks. Hughton doesn't show enough emotion. No I think it'll be Knocky for not being skillful enough and being a liability.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here