Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back to work...........

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Tomorrow :cry: I have been lucky, had 2 weeks off, went to Spain for Christmas, came back and had an awesome NYE with my Wife and kids (they are all very much grown up) and our 2 youngest Grand kids (both 2 nearly 3) and today's result has put the icing on the cake!! :albion: I have had a few merry ones this afternoon / tonight :whisky: and now we are looking after our youngest (2) Grandaughter while my son and his wife fly out to Dubai for a cruise..............

I'm getting (some will say "GOT" :) Old) but through all the up's and down's we are extremely happy :)

Happy New Year to all on NSC enjoy everything life can offer you :thumbsup: xx

Am I drunk??? ........ noooooooooooooooooooooooo but I am with my best friend.... Al Cohol :wink:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We've just come back from Spain too over xmas.
Not sure if I can be arsed to go to work tomorrow.
I'll make a decision in the morning

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Happy New Year to you, too.

I also have had a decent amount of time of over Christmas and New Year, but I can honestly say I am champing at the bit to get back to work and get stuck into a new year. I love Christmas but these days it is all about my children for me.

I knew I was getting old when I unwrapped a present that contained bubble wrap and my first thought was, "Excellent - I can lag the outside tap after lunch." :facepalm:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Back to work, and supposedly going to London tomorrow, but no doubt SASTA and/or The RMT will put paid to that idea.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Back to work tomorrow, after a lazy, content Xmas and New Year. Too much grub, too much alcohol but a pleasant break. Absolutely zero motivation for the next few months at work although there is an event to focus my attention in a couple of weeks time. Life is all about planning for the future now. Happy New Year to you all.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Back to work today....made sweeter by having the commentary on in the background...not too much of a shock as I did a few half days last week

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Back to work, and supposedly going to London tomorrow, but no doubt SASTA and/or The RMT will put paid to that idea.

Going to work from home, first day back bound to be shambolic........and got to take no 1 back to Gatwick so she can fly back to Uni anyway.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Had 2 weeks off but been laid up for the last week with head cold/ Sinusitus...bloody thing wont clear up......head aches head pressure etc

Did not stop me going today or having an afternoons drive to Brighton on the 30Th...

Dr appointment at 0830...not going back to work until its totally cleared up.

Since xmas day no booze, no choc no F all.....in fact Ive lost 3kg, so not all bad

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Had 2 weeks off but been laid up for the last week with head cold/ Sinusitus...bloody thing wont clear up......head aches head pressure etc

Did not stop me going today or having an afternoons drive to Brighton on the 30th...

That's the spirit! Just shows what a bloody lightweight the Queen is. She only had to go to church for half an hour AND Special Branch would have driven her there and back.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Back Wednesday kinda looking forward too it, too much of a good time is bad for you

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
At work now, but all by myself.
Everyone else off till the 9th Jan, but I didn't have enough holiday time available as I've only been here a couple of months and can't afford to take unpaid leave. :(

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Back to work last night.
Not much doing until the rest of company start work today, then the clients start drifting back out of their slumber.
Night shifts are wonderful if you like staying up all night, but one does have to try and get some shut eye sometime through the night.
Currently watching Independence Day till the finishing line of 6am :yawn:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Back to work last night.
Not much doing until the rest of company start work today, then the clients start drifting back out of their slumber.
Night shifts are wonderful if you like staying up all night, but one does have to try and get some shut eye sometime through the night.
Currently watching Independence Day till the finishing line of 6am :yawn:

i see wot you meen. wahay:O:O

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Going to work from home, first day back bound to be shambolic........and got to take no 1 back to Gatwick so she can fly back to Uni anyway.

Bloody hell, you ain't wrong. Just got up and checked Brighton to Victoria services. I'm WFH now as well. Absolute disgrace.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
MK Dons & PNE Away. Booked a holiday. 8:05 flight so got to check NSC for the last time.
Until later when I check in at the hotel and turn on NSC!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here