Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The best advantage ever?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Leading up to our first goal, Knockaert was hauled down just outside the box but the referee let things proceed.

It was getting to that "will he pull it back now?" As play had progressed for a fair few seconds when we got the penalty.

Nicely done referee!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sounds like he had a very good game according to Aspinall. Strange one Attwell as he fell from grace and seemed to disappear for a while. Now he bounce around the divisions.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Good point indeed. It was a grand bit of advantage from the ref. I still can't quite believe we've come away from Craven Cottage with 3 points. This is an incredible season thus far :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We won. Excellent ref.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Annoying when people say this. We've had a couple of bloody awful refs at the amex this year when we've won.

We all remember the marvellous Mr Dean, however it is that arse we had against Burnley a few seasons back that I'll never forget, even if I do his name.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was surprised there was only a minute of play added at half time, as the ref gave around 78 free kicks in that half, almost all to Fulham. In the second half, adversely, he lets loads of things go. I found him to be shoddy.

Stumpy Tim

I was surprised there was only a minute of play added at half time, as the ref gave around 78 free kicks in that half, almost all to Fulham. In the second half, adversely, he lets loads of things go. I found him to be shoddy.
Agree. I thought he was a homer until they scored. I didn't think ours was a penalty in any way either

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Leading up to our first goal, Knockaert was hauled down just outside the box but the referee let things proceed.

It was getting to that "will he pull it back now?" As play had progressed for a fair few seconds when we got the penalty.

Nicely done referee!

Yes. They seem to be following the rugby model more these days. It's the right thing to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here