Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey to Charlton for undisclosed fee

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Saying this on Twitter

#cafc representatives met with #bhafc representatives to discuss a potential transfer between the two clubs. More to follow- stay tuned.

A few replies saying JFC to Charlton but thought he was on a season long loan

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Saying this on Twitter

#cafc representatives met with #bhafc representatives to discuss a potential transfer between the two clubs. More to follow- stay tuned.

A few replies saying JFC to Charlton but thought he was on a season long loan

Charlton fans seem to confirm this is a fake account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If there's anything in it at all I could see them being interested in JFC. He played under the manager at MKDongs and his loan to Rotherham has been disastrous

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
20170101_215759.png

I found this about Charlton allegedly signing a midfielder from a 'good' Championship Club??
To be unveiled Monday Jan 2nd.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201701&date=20170101&time=1816

Last edited:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It could be JFC as I don't think he has played much for Rotherham so if an agreement is in place to cut it early, then I can see this happening.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We've only gone an beaten the Toffees to young Ademola Lookman! :clap: :rave:

:jester:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If there's anything in it at all I could see them being interested in JFC. He played under the manager at MKDongs and his loan to Rotherham has been disastrous

Looks like this will be confirmed tomorrow or Wednesday.
Shame really. There was a time when Jake looked like the real deal but then he lost his way.
Now you'd think that League 1 is where he will need to be to start to rebuild his career.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Charlton boss provides transfer update: Brighton midfielder close to signing and MK specul

Apologies if repeated.

Karl Robinson seemed to drop a hint about Milton Keynes midfielder Samir Carruthers joining Charlton after the 23-year-old was left out of their squad to face Chesterfield today.

The official Milton Keynes twitter account confirmed the former Republic of Ireland U21 international had not been involved due to “discussions with an unnamed club over a potential transfer.”

When asked about the Buckinghamshire club leaving out a player, Robinson immediately asked if it was Carruthers.

“Was Samir left out today?” he said. “I didn’t know anything about that. There was speculation we’ve been interested. I didn’t know he had been left out but I have got an idea what for.”

When told that the player had also been linked with Ipswich, Robinson replied, “We’ll see. Its well documented that I think Samir is one of the best midfield players in the league but I’ve got Joe Aribo and Ezri Konsa who are born and bred Charlton.”

It has also been suggested that Robinson may try and raid his former club for Ben Reeves. The Charlton manager admitted he’d be willing to bring both players to The Valley.

“They’re two talented kids,” he admitted.

“If they’re available would I be interested? Yes. But they’re not my players and I don’t think they’re available. But, we’ll see.”

The Liverpudlian said that he hoped to complete some business early in the window, with Jake Forster-Caskey set to join from Brighton.

“We’re looking to try and get something done sooner rather than later but we can’t put a timeline on it,” explained Robinson.

“I think we still need to improve in some areas. The important thing today was that I didn’t shoehorn, but I made some brave decisions, which people may or may not have agreed with. I’m not going to put players in positions that are not their natural position.

“I think I have to prove to the owner that the players are going to drive us forward. I wanted two midfield players and I know I’m going to now get a phone call – where are them two going to play? We need natural wingers who are exciting to get us off our seats. We need a support mechanism for Josh [Magennis], I know Lee [Novak] has been injured a lot. Maybe I’ll have to get some more players out as well to bring in the right type of players to drive us forward.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/...elder-close-signing-mk-speculation-continues/

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Good luck to him.

Shows how far we've come in a fairly short period of time in that he wouldn't get anywhere near our starting XI now.

From England U21's to league one, shows how quickly things can change.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Looks like we are having a clear out, Good luck Jake hope you go on to have a good career.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here