Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd love to see them live. I know I bang on about them but Interpol provide a similar euphoric yet melancholic feeling - am seeing them on their Turn On The Bright Lights anniversary tour in September. Will be 6th or 7th time.
    I'm fairly predictable - anything that combines euphoria and melancholy, from pop to indie to electronica and beyond, floats my boat the most. I remember buying the PDA single, not having heard it, and obtaining sustenance from the last three minutes for weeks.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tinycowboy View Post
      I remember buying the PDA single, not having heard it, and obtaining sustenance from the last three minutes for weeks.
      The PDA outro is transcendent - It's those chord changes with the reverbed guitar, just phenomenal. Getting the same from No Longer Making Time. There's a bit in Leif Erikson (last track on TOTBL) which is just....I don't have words for it.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spring hall convert View Post
      Right then. Full disclosure.

Primavera 2014, most of my mates see Slowdive, while I see the end of Dr. John, a bit of War on Drugs and get a good spot for The Pixies. When I see said mates again it's like they've been visited by the spirit of the Lord. Must see Slowdive.
      Ha ha! Well, you live and learn, I suppose. I'm next seeing Slowdive at the End of the Road festival, which has a pretty decent line up and I'm looking forward to introducing the kids to the magic of the band, although they may be embarrassed to see dad's moist eyes as the music takes control.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      The PDA outro is transcendent - It's those chord changes with the reverbed guitar, just phenomenal. Getting the same from No Longer Making Time. There's a bit in Leif Erikson (last track on TOTBL) which is just....I don't have words for it.
      I think I need to do a euphoric melancholic mix for the weekend now. Pretty sure Pevenseagull did a thread on this about a year ago. Could have the two Interpol tracks and the Slowdive song mentioned above, plus probably bung in When The Sun Hits by Slowdive for good measure, You Never Should by MBV, Teen Angst/Midnight City by M83, Blue Monday, All The Wine by The National, I could go on for some time here - should probably get on with some work instead.

0 Not allowed!
      I think I need to do a euphoric melancholic mix for the weekend now. Pretty sure Pevenseagull did a thread on this about a year ago. Could have the two Interpol tracks and the Slowdive song mentioned above, plus probably bung in When The Sun Hits by Slowdive for good measure, You Never Should by MBV, Teen Angst/Midnight City by M83, Blue Monday, All The Wine by The National, I could go on for some time here - should probably get on with some work instead.
      Some earlier M83 might fit the bill more, like Run Into Flowers off DeadCities...? The National probably my 2nd favourite band behind the 'pol.

Ha, same...
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      No, I think you should get on and do it.

You do still have my address, right?...
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      you fellas really ought to be raving about kamasi washington's new EP or the new thundercat album. or failing that joey badass. we live in hope i think i'm an outlier here maybe with @Whitechapel
      he vuelto, o mejor dicho nunca me había ido!!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      No, I think you should get on and do it.

You do still have my address, right?...
      can't remember where I left all my blank CDs though - bought a job lot (25) in anticipation of a load of NSC Secret Santas a few years back.....

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by afters View Post
      you fellas really ought to be raving about kamasi washington's new EP or the new thundercat album. or failing that joey badass. we live in hope i think i'm an outlier here maybe with @Whitechapel
      Couldn't really get into the second; I'll try the first.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by afters View Post
      Thanks for the reminder on the KW EP, I'll get to that. I did give the Thundercat record a few listens after you posted about it in March and watched his set at the 6 Music fesival on the TV. Nothing's really stuck.

Listening to Joey Badass now. Very nice, much more up my street than the new Kendrick album.