Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life in Polar Bear Town With Gordon Buchanan

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just watching this from catch up - based in Churchill Canada.

When David Attenborough passes (hopefully not for many years) I think this guy would be a noble successor for all things nature-related. He's got a great voice and very insightful in what I've seen of him.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He is very good,i like him and the shows he features in.

The world needs his type.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just watching this from catch up - based in Churchill Canada.

When David Attenborough passes (hopefully not for many years) I think this guy would be a noble successor for all things nature-related. He's got a great voice and very insightful in what I've seen of him.

The two back to back programmes yesterday on elephants had me sat on my arse for two hours - loverly stuff

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He is very good,i like him and the shows he features in.

The world needs his type.

when he filmed a tiger crossing the lower Himalayas after months of trying proving that tigers can cross at a high level he cried like a baby (so did I) which means that tigers can survive and travel to safe area's
we have watched nearly all of the series he is in and some are not easy to watch as he tells it just as it is.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
when he filmed a tiger crossing the lower Himalayas after months of trying proving that tigers can cross at a high level he cried like a baby (so did I) which means that tigers can survive and travel to safe area's
we have watched nearly all of the series he is in and some are not easy to watch as he tells it just as it is.

Excellent stuff..

I love Cats,i have lost ,well she has decided to live with a neighbour so have just the unruly 2 1/2 year old male now...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Excellent stuff..

I love Cats,i have lost ,well she has decided to live with a neighbour so have just the unruly 2 1/2 year old male now...

they do this unfortunately, they are very pragmatic, we have had several who have preferred to live with someone else just to know they are happy I suppose

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
they do this unfortunately, they are very pragmatic, we have had several who have preferred to live with someone else just to know they are happy I suppose

Cat's always choose us i think,even our rescue cat we had a while back chose us....
She is happy and they look after her.
Back to the OP's thread though i don't think anybody can replace David but Gordon is a calm watch,insightful watch.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They showed a great programme about the bushmen in the Kalahari desert a few days ago. He spent two weeks with them, finding water in weird plants that look like dried up tufts of grass on top, but when you dig into the sand, are actually like gourds which contain fluids.
They also walk up to prides of lions, stand their ground, which makes the lions back off their kill, to share the meat. They leave some for the lions to return to. It was gobsmacking, but it's how they've all learned to survive alongside one another.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Gordon Buchanan: Elephant Family and Me - 7pm BBC2 tonight

Think this guy is very engaging.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lev what's his name has a new series walking this time around Russia/Persia.
Episode 2 started at 8pm on Channel 4.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here