Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ski Holidays

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Looking to book something for the family in two weeks time and I've just realised i haven't bothered to look at any sites other than Iglu for the last few years. Has anyone picked up a good deal on any site that didn't appear on Iglu ?

Catered chalet or hotel, large or linked resorts France, Austria, Italy type thing

Thanks

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I usually book a flight to Geneva well in advance and then nearer the time go on Chalets direct. Go to the solutions room and put in what you require.
Usually I'll put in within an hours drive of the airport, pick up from the airport, ski hire and lift pass and let them do the rest.
You will get catered chalets replying to you if they have availability and usually at good discounted rates as they want to fill their spaces.
Give it a try.

scooter1

How soon is now?
We're just back from 5 days in France and there is hardly any snow, but it is forecast. Resorts at altitude are open, but it's icy and and the blue runs are more like blacks at the mo. Avoriaz and Mondriond are open, or Verbier. I think we'll leave it until Feb next time....

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Not snowed properly for over a month in the western alps so either no snow at Lowe an mid levels with poor snow conditions in th high resorts

Snow due to start coming in the next 10 day with low temperatures so should be better in a couple of weeks.

Either book eastern Italy or on of th big Ski areas which benefit from a mixture of altitudes (Portes du soliel, three valleys etc).

I'm off 1st week of feb and then early March to Les get in th PDS.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not snowed properly for over a month in the western alps so either no snow at Lowe an mid levels with poor snow conditions in th high resorts

Snow due to start coming in the next 10 day with low temperatures so should be better in a couple of weeks.

Either book eastern Italy or on of th big Ski areas which benefit from a mixture of altitudes (Portes du soliel, three valleys etc).

I'm off 1st week of feb and then early March to Les get in th PDS.

Hmm... We're going skiing in Andorra in February, so I've been monitoring the weather outlook for a while now. There have been a number of occasions when snow has been forecast at 10 days range, only to never arrive. All down to the stubborn Euro High.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Hmm... We're going skiing in Andorra in February, so I've been monitoring the weather outlook for a while now. There have been a number of occasions when snow has been forecast at 10 days range, only to never arrive. All down to the stubborn Euro High.

It's followed a similar pattern in recent years early snow then nothing, this year seems to be hanging out a bit longer..... Looks like Austira will get the main dump of snow in the coming week.

Last really bad season was 2011 (France) so here's hoping the snow comes this month!!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Snow on the way next week. I always rent somewhere near the town of Visp in Valais Switzerland (where Sepp Blatter is from), then Ski anywhere I want, Zermatt, Saas Fee, Crans Montana, Verbier, Altesch Glacier. All these resorts between 45 min and 1 hour from Visp. Also the rent is cheap because you aren't in a resort and it's got plenty of bars and resutaurants. I love it, Total Ski!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks for the tips.

Mr Bridger - I'll take a look but suspect i'm too late for cheap flights.
Captain Sensible - Tried that once staying in Bourg st maurice and skiing La Plagne, Les Arcs, La Rosiere and Tignes.

Trouble is I'm getting on a bit and want nice catered ski in/out type place. At least I have another two weeks to hope for snow, and if there isn't any we could still do Val d'isere, Arc 2000, Val Thorens or Courchevel (the only issue with courchevel being that my kids will want to do the Grand Couloir again and i'm not sure i'm up to it anymore:down:) . Fingers crossed that the weather turns in the next week.

Come on Papa Lazarou, pull your finger out :wink:

eggshell blonde

Oct 21, 2007
Portslade
Looking to book something for the family in two weeks time and I've just realised i haven't bothered to look at any sites other than Iglu for the last few years. Has anyone picked up a good deal on any site that didn't appear on Iglu ?

Catered chalet or hotel, large or linked resorts France, Austria, Italy type thing

Thanks

Had a good week in Obergurgl Austria just before Christmas. Pistes good and plenty of snow making keeping them that way. No off piste. SOLDEN a free bus ride down the road .... 20 mins... where there us plenty of skiing due tp the glacier. We had a good week and as always the apre ski is best with the Austrians!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Off to St Anton on Saturday for a week. Should hopefully get into town at about 4pm so won't have long to search out the best pub to watch the Leeds game. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Off to St Anton on Saturday for a week. Should hopefully get into town at about 4pm so won't have long to search out the best pub to watch the Leeds game. Any suggestions?

Don't eat the yellow snow :thumbsup:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Yep, delay the hol for a day and come to Elland Road

Sent from my Sony Xperia using buttons

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU

Would normally suggest Bar Cuba for English footie but Ireland V England kicks off at 5pm (UK) so you're probably stuffed

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Don't know how this thread turned up , but if you're old like me, the best thing in the world is going skiing with your kids and wife

We went to l a plagne this year and although I wouldn't go there again it was brilliant !!!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't know how this thread turned up , but if you're old like me, the best thing in the world is going skiing with your kids and wife

We went to l a plagne this year and although I wouldn't go there again it was brilliant !!!

That's were I learned to snowboard.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Myself and Mrs DFP went to Verbier for a week at the end of February, we've always favoured France but my boss and his wife have been raving about good Verbier is and they head out four or five times a season. Well, what a sack of shit that was :lol: don't get me wrong, the resort is beautiful, the bars and restaurants plentiful, but the actual terrain is dreadful. Dreadful signage, poor lift system and all of the slopes are punctuated by either being dead ends or they cross over with another piste. Can confidently say we will not be going back there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here