Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Potter films

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thank goodness tonights is the last. I do not dispute they may be popular with some but to have them on nearly every evening over Christmas, it is little wonder ITV lost the TV ratings. They should have been on in the afternoon not prime time evening. TV Schedule for this evening is IMHO awful I wish wife was well and we could go out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just drink yourself into oblivion then, helps forget things

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
They can't be on in the afternoon's BG because of the moderate violence and occasional bad words. Brilliant films though although they won't appeal to everybody.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
900 other channels that can be watched...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thank goodness tonights is the last. I do not dispute they may be popular with some but to have them on nearly every evening over Christmas, it is little wonder ITV lost the TV ratings. They should have been on in the afternoon not prime time evening. TV Schedule for this evening is IMHO awful I wish wife was well and we could go out.

Shame there are only four channels to chose from then.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The books are brilliant; the films are a pretty good attempt at bringing them to life on screen (though probably wouldn't be anywhere near as good to someone who hadn't read the books first, so that they knew what was going on).

There are lots of films, and lots more TV series, that I think are absolute crap, but I don't see any need to start a thread about James Bond films, Sex in the City, Friends, The Office or Mrs. Brown's Boys (with due respect to those NSCers that absolutely love them - watch away, my friends; I will make sure I'm elsewhere when they're on).

Besides, as you say, the Harry Potter films are popular. Popular is the operative word for the Christmas schedules - are you suggesting they should look for unpopular films to put on peak viewing times?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The books are brilliant; the films are a pretty good attempt at bringing them to life on screen (though probably wouldn't be anywhere near as good to someone who hadn't read the books first, so that they knew what was going on).

There are lots of films, and lots more TV series, that I think are absolute crap, but I don't see any need to start a thread about James Bond films, Sex in the City, Friends, The Office or Mrs. Brown's Boys (with due respect to those NSCers that absolutely love them - watch away, my friends; I will make sure I'm elsewhere when they're on).

Besides, as you say, the Harry Potter films are popular. Popular is the operative word for the Christmas schedules - are you suggesting they should look for unpopular films to put on peak viewing times?

Have you been to HP World, near Watford.
It's fantastic, if you're a fan like me and the Mrs, a great day out, expensive mind!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Dawn French at 9pm?
It Was Alright In the 1970s?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Heavens forbid hugely popular family films get put on for around 2hr 15 minutes on 1 television channel over the hundreds available.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Heavens forbid hugely popular family films get put on for around 2hr 15 minutes on 1 television channel over the hundreds available.

The whole point is that it is Prime Time tele on one of the two most popular channels and it is saturated with being on every evening. Be interesting to see how they fair on the overall ratings.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The whole of freeview tellybox is IMMENSELY crap tonight - even Mr Holland's hootanwotsit is stuffed full of bands I would rather not bother to hear.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The films and indeed the books are all pretty samey in my opinion. Every new school year brings another new danger for Harry and the gang that they usually just about manage to survive...most of the time our bespectacled hero seems pretty powerless to do much and relies on the brains and courage of his pals.

For me the worst moment was seeing a spell fight in a museum between the good wizards and the bad wizards, it looked like The Shootout at the OK Corral but with wands instead of Colt 45's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here