Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck in the new year from Huddersfield!

Unpopulist

Dec 24, 2016
I like Brighton. And this forum is way more civilised than any other footie forum I've visited. So after lurking a while I thought I'd say hello this New Year's Eve. I was sorry you missed out last season but think you'll do it this year.

As for Huddersfield, I think they'll fade away the next few weeks. They're only fourth by virtue of a head start when other teams were slow to get going and a very easy December, in which they still dropped points other top teams wouldn't. I've been predicting they'll get no more than 65 points for a while and cynic I am, even I had Blackburn at home down as 3 points! Unless they sign a player or two in Jan that can score goals mid table is best they can expect.

Good luck!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I like Brighton. And this forum is way more civilised than any other footie forum I've visited. So after lurking a while I thought I'd say hello this New Year's Eve. I was sorry you missed out last season but think you'll do it this year.

As for Huddersfield, I think they'll fade away the next few weeks. They're only fourth by virtue of a head start when other teams were slow to get going and a very easy December, in which they still dropped points other top teams wouldn't. I've been predicting they'll get no more than 65 points for a while and cynic I am, even I had Blackburn at home down as 3 points! Unless they sign a player or two in Jan that can score goals mid table is best they can expect.

Good luck!

And happy New Year to you too. A bit of a random question, but do they still convert the hospitality boxes into hotel rooms during the week or am I imaging that?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Good luck!

Are you just from Huddersfield, or a Huddersfield fan?

Just asking as they're are a lot of 'They's in there if you are a Huddersfield fan.

Unpopulist

Dec 24, 2016
Are you just from Huddersfield, or a Huddersfield fan?

Just asking as they're are a lot of 'They's in there if you are a Huddersfield fan.

Well spotted! I'm from Huddersfield and a lapsed Town fan. I was a season ticket holder years ago but don't go often now. like a lot of ex-fans I became a bit of a cynic but they're still my team.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Happy New Year and keep drawing games

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Good luck!

Greetings, oh intriguing name.
Hudds will end up with more than 65 points, the big question is whether they make the play-offs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As far as I'm concerned, Huddersfield are very welcome to a play-off place. You finish third, one place (and quite a lot of points, so we don't have heart failure at the end of the season) behind us, eh? - deal?
Anyway, Happy New Year to you too.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Its gotta be Granny, Dave having a wind up

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Good Luck chum, love to see 'uddersfield get promotion. Not that keen on many of the massive, and very big clubs that think that as they were successful decades ago, their being in the Prem is a divine right. So thanks for the good wishes, and don't believe you can't make it. The Championship this year is very tight, virtually any team can beat any other. Both Toon and ourselves, (though doing well) have been beaten by teams we would have expected to have beaten. Happy New Year 👍

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If this forum is civilised I am very glad I am not a member of any others.

I have a good friend from uni who is a STH at Huddersfield, I hope you get playoffs.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
My mum always tells me her grandad owned a Turkish baths in Huddersfield and that he was a founder member of the local Co-op. I can imagine it, 20 green shield stamps for every happy ending massage.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Good luck!

Not sure I agree. Watched you play a couple of times and was very impressed. May fade away from automatics (hopefully:thumbsup:) but not from the playoffs.

Happy new year.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Good luck!

Always liked Huddersfield and had decency to do us a guard of honour when promoted from league one. Done well to hold onto Wagner (for now) who comes across as a class act and who is working miracles with squad he has. Team spirit and a manager who knows how to get a results takes you a long way in this division and no reason you could not be going up in the playoffs this season

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Wagner seems to be growing a good reputation, biggest challenge for Huddersfield will be keeping him. Longer he sticks around, more chance they have of making the playoffs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its gotta be Granny, Dave having a wind up

Nope, I'm here! COME ON TOWN,!!

To be fair, waggers has town playing some damn good stuff, but they need another striker alongside nakki!

This is a great time to be a brighton fan with special interest in your home town team!

Happy new year all!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Huddersfield were DIRE at our place. Arrived top of the table and bang on form, and yet the tactic right from the off was to park the bus and try to bore, timewaste and niggle their way to a point. Killed it stone dead as a spectacle, and eventually left with exactly what they deserved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here