Jul 5, 2003
Two songs in, feck me HOW shit?

I have turned into my father :lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Me too! If you'd said to me NYE 1985 fast forward to NYE 2016 and this is what you'd get I wouldn't believe it! Half expecting Bruno Brooks to pop up!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Inproving now it has to be said, but don't worry Craig David will be along shortly

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is music for the current Radio 1 audience though. No offence but I bet your dad said exactly the same thing when you used to watch your favourite bands when you were a nipper. And if a large part of the new generation's music doesn't annoy the hell out of previous generations then it's really not doing its job. There is a fair bit of new music by young artists that you will like though.

Try a bit of LA Salami
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEUP1S1RKnQ

and Michael Kiwanuka. This track has a huge build up and really gets going after 7 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FngDSOuCNAA

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Caught a bit of the Xmas Day one and concur with the OP. Think last act on was that dodgy X Factor bloke James Arthur doing a blatant rip off of an Adele song FFS!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me too! If you'd said to me NYE 1985 fast forward to NYE 2016 and this is what you'd get I wouldn't believe it! Half expecting Bruno Brooks to pop up!

Is Fearne Cotton any less annoying?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Yes, there's some good stuff there (among a lot of deleted videos) - but these gems would be very thinly spread amongst the overwhelming dross - maybe one such track at most in most shows. And I've no idea what Nellie the Elephant is doing amongst those punk classics!

It took me a while. I did some research and found every appearance by a punk band on TOTP, at the time every one of them was on youtube, which was nice. Since then some have been deleted for copyright. It seems almost random what gets caught and what doesn't.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It took me a while. I did some research and found every appearance by a punk band on TOTP, at the time every one of them was on youtube, which was nice. Since then some have been deleted for copyright. It seems almost random what gets caught and what doesn't.

Yes, quite a lot of stuff I've enjoyed on YouTube has since been deleted. I suspect that the record companies - or possibly the PRS - are working through YouTube to make sure that we can't download things for free.

First time I've ever seen 'No time to be 21' on video, tough - so thanks for that!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I know I'll get groans for this, but I miss the novelty and fun records from the 80s. Having watched most of 'Top of the Pops 1982' there were plenty of them!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here