Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The French are at it again!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
They've only gone and given workers the right to not check emails outside of working hours!

French companies will be required to guarantee a "right to disconnect" to their employees from Sunday as the country seeks to tackle the modern-day scourge of compulsive out-of-hours email checking.

Thankfully we shouldn't expect that sort of nonsense here.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
They've only gone and given workers the right to not check emails outside of working hours!

French companies will be required to guarantee a "right to disconnect" to their employees from Sunday as the country seeks to tackle the modern-day scourge of compulsive out-of-hours email checking.

I think the Daily Mail would agree with you!!!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I wouldn't need a workers rights memo. I wouldn't check any e-mails outside of work. Just wouldn't do it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Total madness the leave vote are waiting on a return to the 80 hour week and a return to Victorian workers rights. They don't want any of that French nonsense here.

I can see a Mail and Express campaign starting against the silly French

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is this a real problem? are there people expected to "work" on emails outside of office hours, that don't get on call allowances? most if anyone i know who responds to emails out of hours does so voluntarily, and working like this at evening/weekends/holiday is already covered by working time (i.e. you're not allowed to ask staff to do so, and take action to prevent them not taking breaks).

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
is this a real problem? are there people expected to "work" on emails outside of office hours, that don't get on call allowances? most if anyone i know who responds to emails out of hours does so voluntarily, and working like this at evening/weekends/holiday is already covered by working time (i.e. you're not allowed to ask staff to do so, and take action to prevent them not taking breaks).
I have worked under several directors who expected their managers to have their blackberrys with them and to answer emails out of hours if necessary.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The French are (probably) just about to elect a devout Thatcherite as President who has promised to bring in sweeping economic reforms .. oh and he opposes multiculturalism, same-sex marriage. If he doesn't get in it's Marine Le Pen .... allez le bleu?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It's just this sort of thing that the country voted overwhelmingly not to sign up to, the working week should not be dictated by faceless continental types, best leave this to the faceless leaders we already have here

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's just this sort of thing that the country voted overwhelmingly not to sign up to, the working week should not be dictated by faceless continental types, best leave this to the faceless leaders we already have here

Overpaid faceless leaders to boot. FIFA reincarnated as the EU, corruption united

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have worked under several directors who expected their managers to have their blackberrys with them and to answer emails out of hours if necessary.
That depends on the wage. I can't see high up people in France not still expected to have a phone with them at certain times.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think the issue is that no worker in France was legally empowered to make their own choice; that has now changed for them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Yep. My old boss had a go at me for not spending my Sunday afternoons checking my emails and preparing for the week ahead. Apparently I was unprofessional.

I left that job.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here