Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Aggers gets a gong as well plus Victoria Beckham no less

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Dame Patricia Routledge as well, I see... I'm sure Hyacinth would approve.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice to see Aggers get something ..... amazing year when Andy Murray gets knighted !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seriously - what the **** has Victoria Beckham done get an OBE???????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fashion. It's in line with other British fashion designers. Smith and McQueen have CBEs and McCartney has an OBE

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm pleased Murray has been made a Sir. I like him and think his talent and especially his hard working and professional approach to getting to the top deserves to be achknowledged at the highest level.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a ridiculous and pathetic system. Sports stars earn outrageous amounts of money and are recognised for their achievements by winning cups and medals. They do not need knighthoods, OBEs and the such like. The civil servants on the list are cronies of the government. They are merely doing their jobs and do not warrant this kind of recognition. The whole sad thing needs a complete overhaul.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I can imagine some of them will now get right 'umpy if you don't address them in the correct manner, whereas others would be embarrassed by such a prefix.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Can someone explain why (for example) Jessica Ennis-Hill is made a Dame (for addng a silver medal to her gold from 2012) while the cyclists Laura and Jason Kenny each only get a CBE, despite each having the largest number of gold medals for a man (equal with Chris Foy) and a woman. This is made more ridiculous by other gold medalists getting an MBE while Victoria Beckham gets an OBE. I fail to see what she has ever done to deserve it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can someone explain why (for example) Jessica Ennis-Hill is made a Dame (for addng a silver medal to her gold from 2012) while the cyclists Laura and Jason Kenny each only get a CBE, despite each having the largest number of gold medals for a man (equal with Chris Foy) and a woman. This is made more ridiculous by other gold medalists getting an MBE while Victoria Beckham gets an OBE. I fail to see what she has ever done to deserve it.

Victoria Beckham has a successful fashion business, which is bringing in lots of money to the UK. She also does a lot of work for charity along with David. Not every celebrity advertises their charitable work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here