Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe standing - Would you pay £5 a match more ?

Would you pay more to be part of a safe standing section ?

• Total voters

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I think we have now gone full circle, where we used to pay extra for a seat to watch a match, I for one would now pay a premium of say £5 a match to stand at The Amex in a safe standing area. If a safe standing area was granted at The Amex, would you pay an extra £5 ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Resounding No. Modern football is overpriced as it is.

I'm all for safe standing though.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Let me put it another way, would you pay the same price for a safe standing ticket in the north stand as a top price west stand ticket, over a normal price north stand ticket ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What about 'would you pay £5 less in order to have to stand?'. Still a 'no' from me.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What about 'would you pay £5 less in order to have to stand?'. Still a 'no' from me.

But we can all sit at the football, but we can't stand ! If 3000 safe standing places were up for grabs, I guarantee people would pay a premium for them, I say a premium but it would equate to the difference in price from a north stand seat to a west stand seat !

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That's bullshit

Sorry, how else would you read this?

Q. This sounds less positive than a couple of months back?
A. The club remains open-minded. However, it's fair to say that the reaction from our supporters to the idea of introducing safe standing was not as enthusiastic as we had expected. Responses to the two surveys were decent but nowhere near as high as expected and, although the majority of respondents were in favour of the concept, a small minority would consider taking up the opportunity to stand. This means that the club does have to consider very carefully whether such a move would be viable.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
But we can all sit at the football, but we can't stand ! If 3000 safe standing places were up for grabs, I guarantee people would pay a premium for them, I say a premium but it would equate to the difference in price from a north stand seat to a west stand seat !

This is the realistic way of looking at it. The club could charge the same for all of the general admissions tickets and people could choose where those seats were located and therefore what experience they were going to be a part of be it safe standing, family section, up in the gods, or near to away fans all for the same price

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I'm really not sure they would unfortunately. The game has moved on a lot since the days of terracing. I don't think 3000 of our fan group would be up for paying a premium to stand. Even 80% of the poll at the current stage on this site where I imagine support is higher wouldn't!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Sorry, how else would you read this?

Q. This sounds less positive than a couple of months back?
A. The club remains open-minded. However, it's fair to say that the reaction from our supporters to the idea of introducing safe standing was not as enthusiastic as we had expected. Responses to the two surveys were decent but nowhere near as high as expected and, although the majority of respondents were in favour of the concept, a small minority would consider taking up the opportunity to stand. This means that the club does have to consider very carefully whether such a move would be viable.

Hopefully this poll will prove the club wrong !! Come on !! It will be the most exclusive part of the stadium !! Apparently Celtic have waiting lists to get into their safe standing section !!

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here