Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PLR and the flood lights

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Would the game have gone ahead tonight?

I can't see it myself, the PL want/need lights to have an output level to suit their cameras, especially with 4k transmissions now available.

I had a Renault 19 in the late 90's that has yellow fog lights and thinking back a lot of French cars had yellow headlights (Citroën in particular). It was a well known fact in the old days that yellow lights cut through fog better.

Can the modern LED lights be adjusted for output level to help see through the gloom?

Providing we actually get some of course?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We just need some of those torches with "the power of a million candles"..

That's,my point. The brighter the light the more it reflects making it harder to see, a lower lumen light (ie yellow) has more penetration through mist as it isn't reflected as badly. Hence older cars having yellow fog lights to see better.

Can modern day light bulb output not be changed without changing bulbs to help cut through the fog better?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just needs heat inside the stadium to clear the fog out. So heated seats, turn the undersoil heating on and burning tar barrels round the edge of the pitch. Mind you didn't work with the smog in the 50's.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm struggling to understand why anyone would want an extremely high definition, very brightly lit picture of

FOG !

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Just needs heat inside the stadium to clear the fog out. So heated seats, turn the undersoil heating on and burning tar barrels round the edge of the pitch. Mind you didn't work with the smog in the 50's.

I wonder if the heat of 27,000+ people could've done it. The human body gives off a surprising amount of heat.

Hitler planned to build a huge dome designed to hold 180,000 people. The heat generated would've caused it to rain inside.

That's,my point. The brighter the light the more it reflects making it harder to see, a lower lumen light (ie yellow) has more penetration through mist as it isn't reflected as badly. Hence older cars having yellow fog lights to see better.

Can modern day light bulb output not be changed without changing bulbs to help cut through the fog better?

No need for special lights. I've put in an order on Amazon for 30,022 night vision helmets instead. Enough for the players and fans. Next time we'll be ready.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No need for special lights. I've put in an order on Amazon for 30,022 night vision helmets instead. Enough for the players and fans. Next time we'll be ready.

But the officials don't get one, so can't see what's happening? No change there, then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here