Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber answers NSC questions/rants....

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
No exchanges allowed in the store on matchdays? LOL that is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How many pages does write ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
'Supporters do not have a contract with the club for travel services etc etc '

I have no reason to grind axes with Mr Barber but I do get quite animated when I feel a bureaucrat/manager/jobsworth tries to bully the general public, with neither reason or precedent. We all know it is not the club's fault that the rail service is buggered, but we pay our money to the club without choice in the matter. There is an amount of the ticket price that is publicly displayed as being a transport levy. I know that buses are available, but at the point of purchase of a season ticket the expected deal is that rail transport will be available on a match by match basis. When this is patently not the case then I would suggest that Mr Barber winds his neck in rather than try make people believe that they have no reason to expect to receive what was offered at the point of sale. Rare own goal Paul.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
'Supporters do not have a contract with the club for travel services etc etc '

I have no reason to grind axes with Mr Barber but I do get quite animated when I feel a bureaucrat/manager/jobsworth tries to bully the general public, with neither reason or precedent. We all know it is not the club's fault that the rail service is buggered, but we pay our money to the club without choice in the matter. There is an amount of the ticket price that is publicly displayed as being a transport levy. I know that buses are available, but at the point of purchase of a season ticket the expected deal is that rail transport will be available on a match by match basis. When this is patently not the case then I would suggest that Mr Barber winds his neck in rather than try make people believe that they have no reason to expect to receive what was offered at the point of sale. Rare own goal Paul.
What exactly, apart from all the arranging of extra buses and car parks across Brighton and Lewes etc, do you think the club should be doing?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What exactly, apart from all the arranging of extra buses and car parks across Brighton and Lewes etc, do you think the club should be doing?

As I said, I do not blame the club for the problems. But I do object to pre-emptive bullying.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't want a return to terracing, I want to be able to stand at home matches without some utter knob tapping me on the shoulder.

If its not terracing, then its pointless (in my opinion). Its not going to boost capacity, it'll make naff-all difference to the atmosphere. Standing in front of a seat is what most of the North Stand does already anyway. Rather than spending half a mill (or whatever) on ripping out seats for cheapo fold-downs and rails, I'd MUCH prefer TB to invest it in the squad.

But maybe thats just me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A quick scan through the questions, gives the impression the thread title should have been more like:-

Paul Barber answers questions from people who regularly piss their panties.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Everyone has a different viewpoint, I understand that, but I can't see any bullying?

It is a pretty emptive statement, declaring that there is no contract with the club before anyone has even asked the question. In reality no one really knows if there is, or is not a contract. But I find it difficult to blindly accept that the entity selling the product has no responsibility to deliver it. Only one way to find out and I am not interested in going down that route, but Mr Barber has chosen to put his marker down in advance, right or wrong.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Good of the club to answer, some interesting answers too, but unfortunately Barber comes across as a lecturing bellend this time. Would have been better done as a youtube interview where he can be more expressive and show a little bit of empathy on some of the more negative answers.

Strange to put a generally negative piece out there now at a time when we're flying.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is a pretty emptive statement, declaring that there is no contract with the club before anyone has even asked the question. In reality no one really knows if there is, or is not a contract. But I find it difficult to blindly accept that the entity selling the product has no responsibility to deliver it. Only one way to find out and I am not interested in going down that route, but Mr Barber has chosen to put his marker down in advance, right or wrong.
Fair enough. Be interesting to know the legal standpoint. I imagine the club is well covered as it's southern that are causing the problems. I think that season ticket holders should be refunded some of the levy directly from southern.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here