Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So What DO They Do With All Tonight's Pies?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Too long to keep them til the next home game I'd imagine. Hopefully not just sling 'em in the bin. Plenty of homeless and hungry people in Brighton town who would appreciate them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This must have cost the club a fortune, my question, can they be insured for postponement due to weather conditions?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This must have cost the club a fortune, my question, can they be insured for postponement due to weather conditions?

You can insure for anything but whether you do depends on the premium. Would be surprised if the club didn't have some cover for this eventuality not forgetting that fog isn't the only reason a game could be called off.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I guess if they were already being warmed / heated up for tonight, then they'll get slung or as previously mentioned, to charitable purposes.
Shame , I fancy a pie right now :wink:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Could be wrong here but don't the club contract out the catering? If so it will surely be the caterers that lose out!

It wasn't so much the catering, it was more the park and ride buses,the stewards, police,admin staff,etc. It must cost a lot to put a match on, none of these costs can be recovered as most of us didn't even get to the ground.

I would imagine the pies will all have to be binned because environmental health states that all hot food must be maintained at an optimum temperature (over 65 degrees) once it falls below this, it can't be re-heated.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
More to the point , what about the Harvey's, it's bought in bright condition so short shelf life?

Couldn't the club/caterers maybe open up Dick's and/or The Seven Stars tomorrow afternoon, put a couple of bands on, stream some games, make the best of a bad throw of the weather dice?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
It wasn't so much the catering, it was more the park and ride buses,the stewards, police,admin staff,etc. It must cost a lot to put a match on, none of these costs can be recovered as most of us didn't even get to the ground.

I would imagine the pies will all have to be binned because environmental health states that all hot food must be maintained at an optimum temperature (over 65 degrees) once it falls below this, it is unfit for human consumption.

Good points. I thought your original reply was only in response to the question in the thread title. :thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]814934198880501761[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More to the point , what about the Harvey's, it's bought in bright condition so short shelf life?

i'd have thought Harvey's could redistribute most to other outlets around, practical as it doesnt need to resettle elsewhere, then holding back brewing for the next few days to allow for the unexpected surplus. reckon a lot of bars and clubs might be getting a discount on Harvey's this weekend.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I remember Exeter away a few season ago one of their catering staff was walking around handing out free Cornish pasties on the away terrace towards the end of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here