Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio Wales going ahead with 3 hour football show!

Just had the ref on explaining his decision, but not sure how they're going to fill 3 hours (7-10), although they are alternating with music.
However, there's an interesting match this evening involving TNS, who are going for a World record winning streak of 27 league games tonight.
It's on Freeview 837, or online here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_wales_fm

Edit: they've just said programme will end at 9pm

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just had the ref on explaining his decision, but not sure how they're going to fill 3 hours (7-10), although they are alternating with music.
However, there's an interesting match this evening involving TNS, who are going for a World record winning streak tonight.
It's on Freeview 837, or online here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_wales_fm

My friend does the media work for TNS.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Tuned into Radio Sussex for the 7pm programme only to be met with silence for five or more minutes. Then a Radio Sussex chime began and then silence.

At quarter past it seems to have reverted to Radio Five without any introduction - discussion of tonights Premier game then without warning a few minutes ago there's a couple of women discussing make up.

Haven't a clue what's going on. Was hoping to hear Cantor and explanation of the postponement etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tuned into to Radio Sussex for the 7pm programme only to be met with silence for five or more minutes. Then a Radio Sussex chime began and then silence.

At quarter past it seems to have reverted to Radio Five without any introduction - discussion of tonights Premier game then without warning a few minutes ago there's a couple of women discussing make up.

Haven't a clue what's going on. Was hoping to hear Cantor and explanation of the postponement etc.

BBC Radio Sussex is a complete joke, driving towards the ground from Robertsbridge they announce there's going to be inspection at 6 then nothing, not a dicky bird f@@king useless. Friend text to say it was off. If I had relied on our local public service radio I would have got the ground expecting to see us play.

Perhaps it didn't occur to them, that there was possibly the second largest gathering of people in the whole of the UK that just might be a tad interested in information relating to said gathering.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
BBC Radio Sussex is a complete joke, driving towards the ground from Robertsbridge they announce there's going to be inspection at 6 then nothing, not a dicky bird f@@king useless. Friend text to say it was off. If I had relied on our local public service radio I would have got the ground expecting to see us play.

Perhaps it didn't occur to them, that there was possibly the second largest gathering of people in the whole of the UK that just might be a tad interested in information relating to said gathering.

I don't think they have any staff from where they broadcast apart from a couple of charladies discussing make up for their New Years Eve out.

It's pathetic really they can't broadcast to locals who are interested in what is happening with the match and travel etc.

Glad you didn't travel too far but I'm sure there must be many who were on their way to the match.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here