Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

English football and the Chinese ownership.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Many would say the likes of Chelsea,Manchester City and Utd and one or two other clubs are used as a Very Big Washing Machine or a Ego Toy ? However what is the simple connection between a Chinese business and Wolverhampton Wanderers(etc) and it won't stop there. Several areas of London and other City's across the UK have seen land that was locally owned now owned by the Chinese,so what is the plan here by the Chinese ?:dunce:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seemly reading have only sold the football club and the training ground to the Chinese, the rest of the club/hotel/land etc is still owned by the Thai owners who were not interested in the team, rather the land with planning permission

Tremendous asset strippage there.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
From a football perspective and as a Tranmere fan down here on the South Coast it has a lot of relevance for me

We have recently set up a soccer school in China with 2 of our first team coaches out there at the moment and the strong belief is that we are being bankrolled by Chinese investment at the moment. We have just refurbished all the suites in the stadium and built a new training ground as well. If ( hopefully ) when we go up this season it will be made official - not sure what the league status has to do with it- but with Mark Palios as our chairman he has contacts through the FA

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My wife got some new china from her christian friends.

It has an oriental design.

shopping

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here