Chris Hughton is the country's most under-rated manager - The Telegraph

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We know we are so lucky to have him here

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Good article. This highlights alot "The fact Brighton are neck-and-neck with Newcastle is remarkable, given the Magpies have the most expensively constructed squad in Championship history, with the highest wage bill seen outside of the top flight and are led by Rafa Benitez, a Champions League winner whose last job was at Real Madrid."

We are beginning to get noticed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
While not wanting to get ahead of ourselves, he may end up being the Championship Manager of the season for a second successive season which probably hasn't been achieved before.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I suspect that IF we go up, Hughton will only be tempted away by a premier big boy, or that Chalice of Doom - England Manager. To take a club up to the PL and keep them there is a very rare thing to have on your CV. I obviously hope he succeeds!!

:albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I suspect that IF we go up, Hughton will only be tempted away by a premier big boy, or that Chalice of Doom - England Manager. To take a club up to the PL and keep them there is a very rare thing to have on your CV. I obviously hope he succeeds!!

:albion2:

England job won't come up for a while now, can't afford to make another change until at least after the WC Finals. Imagine if we go up there is a very good chance he'll stay - seems very happy and settled (until we're bottom at Christmas and haven't won in 15 games or something). Tony will presumably also be giving him a massive pay rise if we're up.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
No quotes, no evidence he's ever met him, no mention if the fact that CH has said he's happy here and doesn't want to move, just bafflement that no other 'bigger club' had tried to poach him. Very basic research.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's hope we all remember how lucky we are to have him if we are struggling next season, in whatever division.

He is massively in credit.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
No quotes, no evidence he's ever met him, no mention if the fact that CH has said he's happy here and doesn't want to move, just bafflement that no other 'bigger club' had tried to poach him. Very basic research.

At least the writer realises that football wasn't invented in 1992.

He will quietly and methodically focus on promotion, on returning Brighton to the top flight for the first time since 1983.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

When did he say he doesn't want to move? I have the seen the "happy here" quote but not the not wanting to move one. I'd like to see the context of the quote if there is a link. Lucky us, if so, because he could probably quadruple his wage if he went to top club

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

Exactly. It's a nice piece that makes some good observations but gives the impression it was bashed out in 10 minutes to tick a box. The Telegraph barely does what I'd call journalism any more.

Golden Oldie

Feb 10, 2004
Exactly. It's a nice piece that makes some good observations but gives the impression it was bashed out in 10 minutes to tick a box. The Telegraph barely does what I'd call journalism any more.
I know it wasn't "yesterday", but exposing MP's expenses wasn't a bad bit of journalism for a start!.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. You get the sense that they really appreciate each other and could be a team for a long long time. TB has been very loyal to his managers with no knee jerk sackings. CH has always been loyal to his teams. ( And so classy even when they have treated him badly.) Between them they are assembling a team with tremendous togetherness and dignified behaviour. A team it is easy to be proud of. Personally, I like Paul Barber as well. The three of them won't give up until dreams are achieved.

larus

Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. You get the sense that they really appreciate each other and could be a team for a long long time. TB has been very loyal to his managers with no knee jerk sackings. CH has always been loyal to his teams. ( And so classy even when they have treated him badly.) Between them they are assembling a team with tremendous togetherness and dignified behaviour. A team it is easy to be proud of. Personally, I like Paul Barber as well. The three of them won't give up until dreams are achieved.

Totally agree. TB is far from trigger happy and as [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] states above, CH is massively in credit with the fans and TB. If we do go up and we struggle, then i don't think it likely TB would think about changing manager.

These are good times, really good times. Money is important, but a genuine team spirit (rather than the phoney ones which get trotted out so often) matters when the going gets tough.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here