Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone had experience of Endsleigh Car insurance

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had a much cheaper quote than Direct Line who I normally use and find very good. The reviews on Endsleigh look awful.

Are they really that shit?

£100 cheaper is not much if they are going to be ********s in the event of a claim

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
They are the insurer of choice for students at university. I used them because they were "recommended" bu the NUS. They're good value, most definitely, although coverage (if I recall correctly) was fairly sparse.

I would go by other reviews you've seen because I never needed to make a claim, so can't comment on their service or payout rates. I would just point out that it is cover that's tailored more for school-leavers heading off to uni for the first time.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Had a much cheaper quote than Direct Line who I normally use and find very good. The reviews on Endsleigh look awful.

Are they really that shit?

£100 cheaper is not much if they are going to be ********s in the event of a claim

If you are with DL and renewing, ring them and tell them about Endsleigh quote. If like for like they will match.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you are with DL and renewing, ring them and tell them about Endsleigh quote. If like for like they will match.

This is after a call to Direct Line who will only come down £70 which leaves them £100 more than Endsleigh. I'd better investigate that I am definitely getting like for like

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I was with Endsleigh a few years ago. Seemed fine. Never really had to contact them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Does the quotation from Endsleigh include their policy arrangement fee of £20. They also charge £30 for alterations, £75 to cancel mid term and a £95 termination fee

Their policy cover is also not as wide as others, with many covers being optional extras under Endsleigh but are included as standard with other insurers, this may not be a problem for you depending on whether you are likely to claim or value the safety net that they provide.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I used to work for Endsleigh as a manager when they had high street branches 10 years ago. They always were pretty decent but usually more expensive.

They had their own UK claims handlers and we never had complaint calls about it but as someone else said, mid term changes could end up very costly!

They are an intermediary so are not actually the insurer, along the lines of a broker. They will do the mid term adjustments or cancellations for which there are admin fees and in some instances, the insurer that was really competitive for you on that car in that postcode, could be totally shithouse on another car at another address so do be sure you will not need to change much in the next 12 months...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Thanks all, some interesting stuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here