Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff’s tactics under Warnock tonight

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
They will appeal for fouls all evening, be in the ear of the fourth official and referee, time waste as much as they can, use every free kick to pump the ball into the box and try and take out/double up on our players (particularly Knockhart) at every opportunity. We need to be patient and not sit back if we are a goal in front because Warnock teams love a late, the second ball drops type of goal. Thankfully I feel we’ve got the team and management to deal with all this but the players need massive support as well as calling out the Cardiff players and managemnet for their spoiling tactics. Lets put the pressure on THEM!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
They will appeal for fouls all evening, be in the ear of the fourth official and referee, time waste as much as they can, use every free kick to pump the ball into the box and try and take out/double up on our players (particularly Knockhart) at every opportunity. We need to be patient and not sit back if we are a goal in front because Warnock teams love a late, the second ball drops type of goal. Thankfully I feel we’ve got the team and management to deal with all this but the players need massive support as well as calling out the Cardiff players and managemnet for their spoiling tactics. Lets put the pressure on THEM!

Agreed. They can't out-play us unless we let them, so the gloves will be off as they try and bring the game down to their level. I'm hoping CH will weave his magic and we come out like animals. Like to see a 4-0 route, just to settle the nerves.
:albion2:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Never have understood this 'doubling up' theory. Shirley such an event would present the likes of Mr March with more space to open his legs?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Up there I thought they played for the draw, but more by filling midfield and trying to deny space. We didn't have Knockaert to open them up so it worked. Even then we scored what looked a perfectly good goal. If March & Knocky play it'll be totally different. I'm still expecting Murphy to start though with Solly on the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gamesmanship mixed in with agricultural football and attempts to bully and intimidate our ball players. Unlikely to be pretty and the atmosphere will ramp up as the crowd vent their feelings. Cardiff ending with 11 players is unlikely.

It has worked against us loads of times and I worry about the quality of the football and the chances of being mugged everytime we play a Warnock team.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No point over-worrying about any tactics Warnock may or may not attempt to employ. Most footballers IMHO are too thick to understand what The Gaffer is telling them anyway, especially a NEW Gaffer. The Albion have a fully bedded-down squad who understand each other and have a clear head-start in being able to overcome anything Cardiff's New Gaffer tells his players to do shirley? In the end, it's not chess, it's draughts.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
very much like to see us spank these fukaz for once......3 or 4 o would be nice but my brain says they will score first and we will win 2-1.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Looked pretty good v QPR, where he played the first 70 minutes. Seems to have bulked up a bit also since his injury and come back where he left off. Major asset :thumbsup:

he looked great at brum ........not so good against perch .......he will take a few weeks to get up to speed ....which is understandable......i think he will be the bollox when he is fullly fit .....3/4 weeks .......:thumbsup:.....and then we need to squeeze kayal back in as well......:mad:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am fully expecting Cardiff to park the bus and try to niggle and timewaste their way to a scrappy point, a-la Huddersfield. If we don't score in the first half to draw them out then it'll be an absolute DOG of a game, which is Warnocks specialty. We've got the quality in abundance to break them down, just hope it happens sooner rather than later, or Colin will make it a borefest for sure.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lee Peltier out with a thigh injury tonight so adds further weight behind the notion of starting March and Knockaert and blitzing them to buggery.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Never have understood this 'doubling up' theory. Shirley such an event would present the likes of Mr March with more space to open his legs?

Whether you understand it or not, teams have ensured they add an extra man whenever Knockaert gets into an advanced wide position. It doesn't always work, as Knockaert will try to go between them. If it does work, there will at least temporarily be extra space on the other wing, but I'd imagine the key to using it would be how quickly we switch play.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Would like an early goal like we did against QPR. The longer they keep us out the more confidence they will gain. If we get an early one, their game plan will have to change I think.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here