Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much of your time is taken up by all things BHAFC?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I posted something along the same lines at the latter stage of last season where I think my ratio was about 75% BHAFC, 20% Family and 5% work...... I think that was generous.

Although not at the crunch stage yet and merely half way through the season I have found that my thoughts have been swamped with the Albion once again, possibly 55%-60%. Think the top of the league, form, lack of injury concern and general good feeling towards the club has made this happen but also because of the Xmas and NY nuisance.

Where is your state of mind right now?

Counting the dots is very time consuming.

I reckon about an hour a day reading Seagull.co.uk and other Albion related media.
Another 2 hours a day on this place.
On average 3 hours a week travelling to games (this includes the higher average for away games)
120 mins watching the games x 50 game a year (even if a few are on TV or radio)
At least an hour a night dreaming about winning the Champions league
Half hour a week arguing with some other football fan

So about 33.5 hours a week or 20% of my entire life

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Between February-ish until the bitter disappointment of the play-off loss, I think it was about 95% of my waking hours and I can feel myself being dragged back towards that again as I wrote here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?344717-Football-Focused

For this reason alone (although there are others, obviously) I'd like us to just happily stroll our way to promotion with no dramas at all, ideally being up before Easter. I don't expect that though and I'm preparing for the long haul again.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
A lot. How good has the last season and a half been? The play off disappointment aside, it's been brilliant.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Spending progressively more time staring at the league table. Pretty poor substitute for 'Teams That Can't Catch Us' to be honest, but will have to do for now. :moo:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mrs Rug getting fed up with my constant looking at fixtures of us and top 7/8 challengers and trying to work every conceivable permutation.

Add a liberal sprinkling of NSC, highlights, interviews and random media and it adds up to too much

Hoping that we continue our form and get the job done early for the sake of marriage and sanity!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How much does BHA rule my life?
Shop owner with staff so time off isn't a problem.
Holidays booked during FA Cup break (MK Dons) so I don't miss a game.
NSC is my home page and is always on (Bozza, can we get an auto update?).
Pre-match nerves now a part of my life.
I know the table and fixture list off by heart.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I posted something along the same lines at the latter stage of last season where I think my ratio was about 75% BHAFC, 20% Family and 5% work...... I think that was generous.

Although not at the crunch stage yet and merely half way through the season I have found that my thoughts have been swamped with the Albion once again, possibly 55%-60%. Think the top of the league, form, lack of injury concern and general good feeling towards the club has made this happen but also because of the Xmas and NY nuisance.

Where is your state of mind right now?

Pretty much where your mind is I think Flash, If I'm not actually watching a game, I'm invariably on NSC, or thinking about all things Albion related.

Remarkable I find the time to hold down a job, or keep the wife happy really.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just the 52 years.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I said at the end of last season, apart from going to The Amex,that I was not going to spend every waking hour thinking about The Albion, worrying about the next match, looking at NSC, and watching the scores come through on a Saturday and midweek and spend more time with the family.
Major fail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here