Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buying MS Office - advice please

I need to buy a new copy of MS Office - to include Outlook.

I have loads of files going back several years that I still use regularly so it needs to be able to use these old files.

I don't need the latest version, and I really only need word, excel, outlook and possibly powerpoint, most of the main packages seem to include things like Access and Publisher which I don't need.

I don't really want to buy a subsciption, as far as I can see the only real advantage of this apart from short term finance is that I will allways have the latest versions but that's no advantage to me, I currently use 2013 and that does what I need. I'd prefer a one off payment for lifetime use. Some of the files I use predate this.

There are lots of sites offering MS Office products a good bit cheaper than Amazon or PC World, can anyone recomend one of these cheaper sites? I'm wary of using a site I don't kow that hasn't been recommended.

And I don't want to switch to anoth office program or use open office. I'm used to MS Office and roo old to change now!

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I did something similar last week - went to eBay for a USB flash drive version of Windows 7, required for building a gaming PC.

It all worked and the OS is now installed, so all I can say is that eBay was worth it for me, but just check the sellers reputation before taking the plunge.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You can't synch outlook with iPhone FYI. Spent days trying until top MS person told me and took apple expert hasn't spent hours on it too. Ow and a savvy computer engineer I know. Ow and another at an Apple approved business.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I have a office 360 subscription. I know you said you don't need that but the 1tb cloud storage is great. And you can share it with another 4 people.(meaning they get the whole package too)

tony2griff

Nov 20, 2015
Try Ebay got a copy of MS office 2010 Business for £14.99 via download works great

Last edited:

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
I have a office 360 subscription. I know you said you don't need that but the 1tb cloud storage is great. And you can share it with another 4 people.(meaning they get the whole package too)

Same here. On my third year O360 subscription now having been sceptical at first being used to Office 2007/2010 Professional for several years. Never pay full MS renewal prices, always purchase licence renewal key from other vendors e.g. Amazon (20-30% cheaper). Can share subscription across whole family (up to 5 accounts I think) and 1TB OneDrive storage means plenty of space for photos/backups etc.. Well worth it for £60/yr.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Same here. On my third year O360 subscription now having been sceptical at first being used to Office 2007/2010 Professional for several years. Never pay full MS renewal prices, always purchase licence renewal key from other vendors e.g. Amazon (20-30% cheaper). Can share subscription across whole family (up to 5 accounts I think) and 1TB OneDrive storage means plenty of space for photos/backups etc.. Well worth it for £60/yr.

Didn't know that, cheers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here