Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Lewis is currently on 9 yellow cards and is just one away from a 2 match ban. It would be good if he got that caution against Fulham as he would miss the MK Dons and Preston games and it would allow Goldson to get a match under his belt before the league game at Preston.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think that is the widely accepted plan, however it would be typical Dunk if he got a stupid booking tonight!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You have to face that he won't go 10 games without a yellow, whenever it comes. I'm relaxed to see Conor matching the towering Duffy.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You have to face that he won't go 10 games without a yellow, whenever it comes. I'm relaxed to see Conor matching the towering Duffy.

I'm not. Undoubtedly an extremely strong player once up to speed but looked very shaky in the cup game against Reading earlier in the season. Would be ideal if Dunk only missed one league fixture and not the likes of Sheff Wed and Newcastle upcoming.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
As someone mentioned in another thread deliberately getting a booking early might make him reach 15 yellows earlier and miss crucial games later in the season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Lewis is currently on 9 yellow cards and is just one away from a 2 match ban. It would be good if he got that caution against Fulham as he would miss the MK Dons and Preston games and it would allow Goldson to get a match under his belt before the league game at Preston.

I can just see the FA giving him an extended ban for fixing if he were to pick up an obvious booking against Fulham

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
He behaved pretty poorly at Cardiff away, so could be target of some away supporter taunting which might just push him over the edge. Chance for him to prove he is becoming a man and resist that urge that sometimes compels him to act like a petulant child.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
He behaved pretty poorly at Cardiff away, so could be target of some away supporter taunting which might just push him over the edge. Chance for him to prove he is becoming a man and resist that urge that sometimes compels him to act like a petulant child.

Van Morrisson lyrics? :wink:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Unlikely a few hundred Cardiff fans will either have the inclination or the vocal capacity to have much impact on Dunk's temperament. Which has improved hugely this season anyway.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
When it happens it happens. We have a solid team, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Obviously there are better games for him to miss, but no use losing sleep over

SBarlow

Sep 7, 2015
There may well be a situation in the games where a tactical foul is needed. I would not take it as a mark on Dunks record if he were to get a yellow against Cardiff. It is not an indicater as to how temperament nor his quality as a defender.

Goldson will be fully aware that his chance is coming and he has been very patient when waiting for said chance.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I can just see the FA giving him an extended ban for fixing if he were to pick up an obvious booking against Fulham

No chance. They'd have to do it with the countless others who do the same thing (see Diego costa a few weeks ago so he only missed Bournemouth). If they want to pick up on 'cheats' they would loook at diving first.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
When it happens it happens. We have a solid team, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Obviously there are better games for him to miss, but no use losing sleep over

I read this a lot, and though I agree that Goldson is a fantastic young player and and integral part of last season, he tends to need a game or two to get up to speed.

Those at the Reading cup game and away to Wigan saw he was quite suspect coming straight into the side. I'm not sure it would be a good thing for us to have him come straight in for Massive or Toon. He definitely needs that cup game at least.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why are people wetting their knickers over this?

1. Goldson is a more than adequate replacement.
2. Every squad player who has come into the 1st XI has done fine.
3. Dunk will benefit from the rest.

Que sera sera.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I read this a lot, and though I agree that Goldson is a fantastic young player and and integral part of last season, he tends to need a game or two to get up to speed.

Those at the Reading cup game and away to Wigan saw he was quite suspect coming straight into the side. I'm not sure it would be a good thing for us to have him come straight in for Massive or Toon. He definitely needs that cup game at least.

I agree with you, in an ideal situation we would have Dunk playing each week and not to miss those important games. However, I am sure Goldson is chomping at the bit to play and hopefully when he does he gives Chris a headache. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here